Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Help ecm blazer 98

Old 03-14-2018, 05:55 PM
Cesar Amador is on a distinguished road
Default Help ecm blazer 98

Hi everyone , im from Ecuador and have a blazer s10 1998 4x2 and couples mounth before i've been robed my ecm then i buy one her in my country but the electromecanic said me that ecm is for my car but with the transmission mecanic and my blazer have a automatic transsmision soo exist other solution or just buy other ecm ? pls help

my problem is that ecm my blazer turn on and road but dont know change of speed and doesnt work a speedometeer

Old 03-15-2018, 05:45 AM
chevyriders is on a distinguished road

Let me make sure I understand.

You had your ecm replaced with one from a manual transmission blazer. Now your speedometer doesn't work. Is that correct?

When an ecm is changed, it should be "reflashed" (reprogramed) to match all the features of the vehicle it is going in.

Any chevrolet dealership should be able to do that for you.

Out of curiosity: does your truck shift gears?

Old 03-15-2018, 12:59 PM

yes i know but doesnt work and doesnt shift gears only to second gear

Old 03-15-2018, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by chevyriders
Let me make sure I understand.

You had your ecm replaced with one from a manual transmission blazer. Now your speedometer doesn't work. Is that correct?

When an ecm is changed, it should be "reflashed" (reprogramed) to match all the features of the vehicle it is going in.

Any chevrolet dealership should be able to do that for you.

Out of curiosity: does your truck shift gears?
Correctly and doesnt shift gears only to second gear is like the ecm doesnt know the transmission , and my transmission is new

Old 03-15-2018, 01:03 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

And what he said is you have to go to a Chevrolet dealer and have your ECM reprogrammed. Thats the only thing you can do

Old 03-15-2018, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by newguy
And what he said is you have to go to a Chevrolet dealer and have your ECM reprogrammed. Thats the only thing you can do

ok , thanks but exist the tutorial how reprogramme the ecm and is that with the key and the swith key close and open with specific time or is the other reprogramm?

Old 03-15-2018, 02:05 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Reprogramming of the PCM needs to be performed with a compatible scantool (GM Tech2 or equivalent) with access to GM TIS/SPS system to get the specific programming for your VIN (vehicle identification number).

Old 03-15-2018, 02:43 PM
LesMyer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Cesar Amador
ok , thanks but exist the tutorial how reprogramme the ecm and is that with the key and the swith key close and open with specific time or is the other reprogramm?
The reprogram you describe is for security system only, once PCM is installed in vehicle.

We have services here in the USA that will sell used PCM with correct programming for your vehicle. But they must have your VIN number so they can do programming before it is sent. Person who sold used PCM to you should have known this. If you don't have a local service that can do the programming in the vehicle, maybe you can ship your same PCM and give VIN to someone who can program it correctly for you to install.

But first you may want to check a few things. Your symptoms with transmission shifting and speedometer fit problems with VSS (Vehicle speed sensor) or a fuse being blown. Are there any codes being set? Is the Service Engine Soon or any other warning light on?

Last edited by LesMyer; 03-15-2018 at 03:00 PM.
Old 03-15-2018, 07:52 PM
chevyriders is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Lesmyer
The reprogram you describe is for security system only, once PCM is installed in vehicle.

We have services here in the USA that will sell used PCM with correct programming for your vehicle. But they must have your VIN number so they can do programming before it is sent. Person who sold used PCM to you should have known this. If you don't have a local service that can do the programming in the vehicle, maybe you can ship your same PCM and give VIN to someone who can program it correctly for you to install.

But first you may want to check a few things. Your symptoms with transmission shifting and speedometer fit problems with VSS (Vehicle speed sensor) or a fuse being blown. Are there any codes being set? Is the Service Engine Soon or any other warning light on?
Being that the pcm is from a manual transmission vehicle, it wouldnt be looking for the vss signal or sending signal to the tcm in the first place. All the symptoms point to vss, but only because the pcm isn't doing anything with the vss signal.

You're absolutely right though, the person who did the pcm should have known it would need to be reflashed.

Old 03-16-2018, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Lesmyer

thanks so much for the information and no any light or warning code but in the scanner show that the solenoids no working with the time soo that is problem the ecm

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help ecm blazer 98