Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Transmission (https://blazerforum.com/forum/engine-transmission-35/)
-   -   Hesitation, rumble, sluggish power (https://blazerforum.com/forum/engine-transmission-35/hesitation-rumble-sluggish-power-86388/)

Tenagator 07-03-2014 05:21 PM

Hesitation, rumble, sluggish power

Hey all,
Been some time since I posted, even though I frequent read through posts.

Today out of no where I am experiencing a hesitation, from a stop, it seems like its 1st to 2nd gear. It almost feels as if I am going over slight rumble strips. Yesterday it rained off and on and was humid as hell, as is today.

On the highway I can floor it and it runs like a beast, but its the initial get go that's giving me slight issues.

I checked the fuel pressure and it is fine, checked under the cap for moisture and there is none and it looks fine under there.

Checked the wires, and all plugs are tight.

Cant find any bad vacuum leak, I replaced most of the line sin the bay (no actual tester).

Everything looks intact

A. is it possible its bad gas?
B. the cat is shot?
C. a bad sensor or ignition coil?
D. Fuel filter?
E. Tranny issues?

I will try to do my best at attempting any test that is recommended and posting results to be used in the future for reference.

Looking forward to tackling this issue.

Thanks in advance guys.

95 VORTEC
OBD 1.5

canuck blazer 07-03-2014 10:09 PM

are there any codes coming on?

Forist72 07-04-2014 08:25 AM

My 99 blazer has been doing the same thing now for weeks now. Have changed hundreds of dollars in parts cant figure it out. Only code i am getting is O2 sensor bank 2 sensor one, replaced it with new one. I cleared the code and drive 10 miles or so and code comes back. My blazer seems to run a lil better after it gets good and warmed up, dose yours do the same ?

Tenagator 07-04-2014 08:25 AM

Nope, no codes at this time.
My Jimmy has two O2 only and the bank one has been replaced, my last one was defective out of the box and was throwing codes.
I had it out yesterday after I posted here. It didn't hesitate when I initially started driving, on the highway though, around 60 I get a slight miss.
The bumpiness I was experiencing yesterday didn't seem to be there, I'll try again today.

Forist72 07-04-2014 08:40 AM

I have been told by the local parts store that it my be one of the coolant temp sensors, there are 2 of them on my blazer one on the drivers side by the rear spark plug. And one on top by the thermostat, the one on top of mine is missing the wire and plug cant find were it goes.

Tenagator 07-04-2014 02:30 PM

I had it out today. No issue at all.
I'm thinking its a sensor, or possibly a bad wire.
Since I was moving things around with the wires I may have moved it off of something if one is cracked and now its a temp fix. Ill see what I can find this weekend.