Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

I need Help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 01:15 AM
Dimitrius is on a distinguished road
Default I need Help!

I have a 95 blazer v6. Something is wrong with it and I am not sure what it is. Every time I drive the exhaust smells horrible. Like gasoline maybe mixed with something else. There is also a loss of power. It takes for ever to get up to speed. Sometimes if I press the gas all the way down it isn't too bad. There is also a "KNOCKING" noise. Someone please help. I don't know if I should even be driving it but I only drive it to work and back.

Old 07-28-2010, 01:49 AM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

I'm betting your cat is clogged. Also is your service engine light on if so is there any active codes?

Old 07-28-2010, 02:01 AM

Yeah the service engine light is on. I haven't checked it out yet.

Old 07-28-2010, 06:04 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Start with getting the codes read, but I would agree with the clogged cat comment.

You will want to run through the fuel pressure test as defined in the Tech Article (DIY) section to see if you have a fuel leak internal to the plenum that has fouled the cat.

Old 08-05-2010, 07:25 PM

Thank for the replies so far. I still haven't got the codes read but my dad talked to a mechanic and he said if it were the Cat then it wouldn't go past 30 mph but It goes alot faster than that it just takes awhile to get there. Is this true?

Old 08-05-2010, 07:37 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Not necessarily true. If it were really clogged up, you might not get out of your driveway. Then there are others that flow enough to accelerate slowly, but still allow some speed.

Old 08-13-2010, 08:26 PM

Plugged cat
Random Misfire
Misfire on #1 and #2
esc module problem
Fuel pump wont hold line pressure
My muffler is falling apart
and a hole in one of my exhaust pipes.

Looks Like I'm going to have to get rid of my blazer :/
The mechanic said i shouldn't put that much money into a car with 167,xxx miles.

Old 08-13-2010, 08:37 PM
Administrator

A new cat & exhaust system might cost you $500-$600. The misfire is likely caused by the clogged cat so don't do anything with that until the exhaust is fixed up. The fuel leak could be either the nut kit or fpr which are both easy and relatively inexpensive fixes inside the intake.

You could likely fix it up nicely for under a grand and have a good running truck. 167k isn't a lot for these trucks.

Old 08-13-2010, 09:37 PM

The mechanic said I was looking at 2500.
Wouldn't it cost alot for my ecm too?

Old 08-13-2010, 09:39 PM
Administrator

That mechanic is trying to suck you dry. The ECM isn't that expensive.

Quick Reply: I need Help!