Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

I need Help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 09:57 PM
Dimitrius is on a distinguished road

Thanks I really appreciate all the help. Will it be drivable if I were to only get the cat and exhaust fixed until I can fix everything?

Old 08-13-2010, 10:01 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

That depends on how severe the fuel leak is.

Old 08-23-2010, 08:24 PM

I took my truck to meineke today and had them replace the cat and the muffler. This cost 670 for parts and Labor. After they finished that they started it and said it was running good for a minute then it started to act just like before. I guess where the Exhaust Manifold connects is loose. They said since there is a new muffler and cat that might have put pressure on the manifold. They first told me I needed a new manifold because mine had shrunk and it woulda cost me 400 bucks. He showed me everything and told me they might be able to fix it without getting a new manifold just drill holes throught and bolting it on tighter and it may not have shrunk too much. This would cost like 275 for labor. Does any this sound right? I do not want these people to screw me over but I already put almost 700 today. Im going to decide by tomorrow If I want to let them finish it.

Old 08-23-2010, 08:40 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Good old Meineke. Repair what the owner wants and break more stuff so they can soak you for more $$$. I would get their estimate in writing and get a second opinion from a trusted source.

Old 08-23-2010, 10:10 PM

Thanks. You've been very helpful so far. I think Im close to getting Blazer running great again.

Old 08-24-2010, 07:22 AM
Beginning Member
wick is on a distinguished road

Tell them to put washers between the nuts and the flange. I can't believe try are soaking you for that much money.