Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Intake removal 1999 blazer, fuel lines

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 11:52 AM
Starting Member
blkblazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Intake removal 1999 blazer, fuel lines

Need some help please anyone who would care to assist.

In process of taking maniflods off 1999 Blazer 4.3L V6. I am at taking out the fuel lines from
upper intake.

Problem I took the two 8 mm nuts off the fuel line retainer, losened the mounting bracket near the firewall but the fuel lines do not want to lift out.How much force is needed?

The top off the fuel line retainer bolts have a torx style head on them. Do these need to be losened with a female type torx.??

Thanks

Old 08-25-2009, 12:10 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Disconnect the lines at the back of the engine. Bending them is a sure way to make reassembly difficult for you.

Old 08-25-2009, 01:59 PM
Starting Member

I could do that.

I have the MFI conversion going to put in, with new intake maniflod gaskets.

What is the smallest size female torx socket. E4 is all I could find on the net.

Been all round town here no body has em. Small town. Have to order on internet.

Thanks

Old 08-25-2009, 02:09 PM
Starting Member
Default forget it.

I just looked at the MFI and I see the the two bolts with the torx style head do not come out.

Thanks anyway.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:10 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, those are just studs.

Old 08-27-2009, 08:50 AM
Starting Member
Default MFI help

Iasked a few months ago but cannot find the thread.

The MFI seal kit 17113215 do I need that for sure to install MFI spider unit. Want to make sure I guess cannot take injectors out after install.

The fuel rail o rings. where can I get online? 1999 S10 Blazer 4.3L 4x4 2 door.

One more question. The plastic tube on the end of each MFI spider injector,do they get removed before install? Are they just shipping protection?

Learning as I go.

Thanks much.

Old 08-28-2009, 05:03 PM
Administrator

CLICK HERE
You can search for all of your posts by clicking on your user name in a thread and selecting "find all posts by blkblazer"