Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

MAF Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009 | 04:08 PM
|
Cavalier z24 is on a distinguished road
Default MAF Sensor

Where is my MAF Sensor i cant find it And can someone else Take the pic and point out all my other sensor's that i should take off and clean.
On my 1994 s10 blazer

Old 03-01-2009 | 04:32 PM
Starting Member
86Blazer4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: MAF Sensor

thats the MAP sensor, you dont have a MAF. Same thing.

Old 03-01-2009 | 04:33 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

First question is simple. You do not have a MAF sensor. Only the 96+ 4.3L engines have a MAF sensor.

As far as where other sensors that may require cleaning are located... Only two come to mind. The EGR valve which is located under the throttle body and the IAC valve which is located on the throttle body (black cylinder on top and pointing to the left).

Old 03-01-2009 | 04:57 PM
|

OMFG I LOVE YOU GUYS, Remember i my other post the my engine sputters alot at start up Well i took that sensor off baddabing baddaboom it started right up with no problems so i had to make sure and turn it off and on like 20 times lol, Well how can i clean this thing all i have right now it nail polish remover lol but if that is not good then ill get what ever you guys recommend

Old 03-01-2009 | 05:50 PM
|

Sorry for double reply.

Old 03-01-2009 | 05:51 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Never tried to clean a MAP sensor before... You should be able to clean it with some sensor safe carbon cleaner. I would not recommend nail polish remover as it will likely attack the diaphragm inside the sensor, ruining it completely.

Old 03-01-2009 | 06:06 PM
|

Ok thanks is it ok to run it with no map sensor till i get the to store i have to drive about 25 miles to the nearest auto store "advanced auto"

Old 03-01-2009 | 06:10 PM
Administrator

Should not hurt anything so long as you mean just to have it disconnected electrically. You cannot run with it off as that would be a massive vacuum leak.

Old 03-01-2009 | 06:37 PM
|

Hmm Well out of curiosity i took it for a drive around the block with it unplugged and it idled smooth and fine when at idle but when i drove it the dam truck hiccupped and bucked all down the road so its not a good idea to drive with it unplugged lol well with mine atleast lol.
So when i clean this dam thing and it still stutters at start up and i replace it with a brand new one for 40$ and still idles funny what else could be a problem?

Old 03-01-2009 | 06:47 PM
Administrator

You asked if you could drive it and the answer is yes. It should be expected for it to not run 100% correct... Without the MAP sensor, the ECU has no reference for engine load.

Don't you have another thread about your engine troubles?? I think the purpose of this thread has been satisfied...

Quick Reply: MAF Sensor