Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

in the market for a blazer

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 09:22 PM
blazeitup is an unknown quantity at this point
Default in the market for a blazer

like the title says, im in the market to get a blazer. i found one online, its a 1998, vortec v6, with 114,000 miles. as i am a complete noob with blazers, i was wondering if thats high mileage for one...are these trucks high matenince?

i will be using the truck as a daily driver, to get around town. nothing too harsh...

any imput would be greatly appriciated! thanks a bunch...

-Matt

Old 02-14-2008, 09:35 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: in the market for a blazer

Some would say daily driving is pretty harsh

114,000 is not high at all if the vehicle has been taken care of. Have you seen the truck yet?

Old 02-14-2008, 09:51 PM
blazeitup is an unknown quantity at this point

ive seen pictures, it looks really clean, but i havnet seen it in person yet. hopefully this weekend...is there anything in particular i should look for ?

Old 02-14-2008, 10:14 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

https://blazerforum.com/m_41120/tm.htm

that thread is basically a list of things that commonly go wrong with these trucks

Old 02-16-2008, 12:50 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

anything to look for, yea, routine maintenance.

If the previous owner is dumping it becasue he thinks its high miles, great. If he's dumping it due to problems, no so great, but manageable within reason. Although anything can be fixed or replaced, all depends on your skills and pocketbook.

The 4.3L V6 will last close to 300,000 miles if taking care of some what decent. Longer if maintainence is impecable.
200,000 is about normal for an engine that is pretty much neglected, expect for the occasional oil changes.

Old 02-16-2008, 04:42 PM
cccfabioccc is an unknown quantity at this point

the greatest thing about these cars is that they last a long time if taken care of i have a 1996 jimmy with 134,000miles that i just bought after i sold my 93 blazer with 265,000 miles that still ran like a champ. probably the greatest thing about these trucks is the ability to swap blown engines since there are multiple fits for these trucks. they don't break down often if you stay on top of your preventative maintenance. but when they do break down the repair cost seems to be slightly higher than other GM vehicles from the same years, but it is only a Slight difference.