Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

no oil pressure brand new engine .

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 06:16 PM
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough
Default no oil pressure brand new engine .

Hello guys I need a little help here I can't figure it out , I have all brand new race parts in the whole bottom of the engine . The oil pump is a melling high volume pump and I turned it manually to prime the system and it primed quick . Now its a little tough to turn and will even spin my ratchet back wards if I let go of it , but it is not even pumping oil up to the remote filter . I don't what could be wrong the only thing I can think of is the remote oil filter is wrong or something . I had the distributor in (with the coil not hooked up ) and turned it over for a while thinking maybe I wasn't spinning it fast enough , but still nothing . Any ideas ?

After doing some research I have come to the conclusion that I either installed the bearings wrong or the bearing tolerance is incorrect . I am going to take off the remote oil filter and make sure its not that but I have a bad feeling I'll be pulling the engine back out tomorrow .

Last edited by atvwarrior; 02-15-2012 at 07:01 PM.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:09 PM
bigkhans is on a distinguished road

Take your time and do it right the first time. Better now than later down on the road, can never be too careful... and everything else you've probably have heard by now. Or will shortly.

Old 02-15-2012, 07:20 PM
war00 is on a distinguished road

get some plastic gauge and check the clearance of bearings, and check to make sure the oil holes are lined up with the hole in the bore.

Old 02-15-2012, 07:33 PM
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough

Yea I thought I did , I bought the book and had the engine in my shop for over a month , And in and out of the blazer several times . I don't think its the bearings I used plasti gauge on the crank and rod bearings . I'm hoping that it has something to do with the remote oil filter assembly , before I installed the remote oil filter bracket on the block ( one turn of the distributor ) oil would shoot out . Bam it just came to me in the middle of this post there is a piece of pipe threaded on the inside and on the out , it is used to connect the oil relocater to the block and its threaded in to far not letting the oil get to the line . That has to be it . UPDATE I messed up the oil lines they were marked in/out - in/out so I hooked the in to the in and the out to the out and that was wrong , but all is good the engine runs great , I'm very pleased .

Last edited by atvwarrior; 02-16-2012 at 09:44 PM.