Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

No transmission

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 10:47 PM
Beginning Member
Kberven65 is on a distinguished road
Default No transmission

First off I'm new to this site and blazers in general and sorry if I didn't post in the right area... Question I have a 95 blazer with the 4.3 didn't come with a transmission....with that said will I be able to get the motor to run with no transmission in it? Thanks a bunch

Old 07-17-2013, 12:33 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Why would you want to get the motor to run with no transmission, just to see if it runs?
With that being said, starting it without the transmission on really wont cause a problem, its like having an engine on a test stand, as long as it has all the fluids ect that it needs, try to fire it up (but being it has no tranny, I am not sure where the starter will mount to)

Old 07-17-2013, 01:00 AM
Beginning Member

I should be more clear I guess...I bought it from a lady and she wanted the trani out of it and it turns out that the trani that was in it was shot...she never had it running and battery was dead when she got it so I'm thinkin the trani was bad when she bought it but now since I bought it I wanna make sure it runs before I buy a trani...I had the starter checked and bought a new battery for it... Turn the key all the lights come on than when you put the key all the way forward the starter doesn't even engage... The starter bolts to the block and the flexplate is still there and the motor is free...I just wanna make sure it runs before I get a trani... Any ideas on how to get this thing started would be awesome...maybe a sensor on the trani that needs to be hooked up before it'll start? I'm just running out of options and need help!!

Old 07-17-2013, 01:03 AM
Beginning Member

I bought it basically not knowing if it runs which it should since the only thing gone is the trani

Old 07-17-2013, 01:05 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

I would not think there is a sensor in the tranny that would prevent you from starting it, like I stated, when you have an engine on a test stand, you can fire them up and run them without a tranny attached. Have you tested the starter to make sure that it is not bad?

Old 07-17-2013, 01:15 AM
Beginning Member

Yes the starter is still good had it tested today and a brand new battery and I still have nothing but dash lights....I don't even get a click from the starter I know the starter also gets power in the vehicle I tested that earlier today... I just don't know what else it would be

Old 07-17-2013, 01:20 AM
BF Veteran

hmmmm... I am going to PM someone and have them come in here, hopefully you will get some answers from them. They are like a human service manual.

Old 07-17-2013, 08:32 AM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road

It wont start unless the nuetral safety switch is hooked up.Disconnect a fuel line turn the key make sure the fuel pump works and its getting fuel.Check the plugs on the engine nd do a compression test.If the plugs look good and the compression numbers look good more than likely the engine will run.Also drain the oil and put fresh in.If the oil is milky or burnt then it may not be worth getting a trans unless you want to get a new engine also.Nothing to worry about the worst thing that could happen is you can install a new motor and trans then find out something else is wrong and it will sit for 2 years like mine.

Last edited by 1sttimejimmyowner; 07-17-2013 at 08:38 AM.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:24 AM
Beginning Member

We're is the neutral safety switch on this vehicle?? All fluids look great I just don't understand what's goin on with it?

Old 07-17-2013, 09:41 AM
Beginning Member

I've gotta get this thing to turn over before I can even worry about compression

Quick Reply: No transmission