Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Permanent Oil Pressure Gauge

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 09:20 AM
Starting Member
Frog is on a distinguished road
Default Permanent Oil Pressure Gauge

Ok, I am wanting to install a mechanical oil pressure gauge and I do not want to "T" off of the oil pressure sending unit at the back of the engine by the distributor.

I was thinking of installing a "T" in my oil cooler lines....I need to replace/repair them anyway so, I thought it would be a good place to tap into.

Thoughts...concerns??

Thanks

Old 05-24-2011, 01:12 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Should work. I would want to stay as high up on the engine as possible with everything to limit the exposure to potential damage, but it all depends on what kind of gauge you are going to be using and if you are going to be remote mounting it (i.e. running a tube into the cabin or somewhere underhood where you can easily see it).

Old 05-24-2011, 10:23 PM
Starting Member
Frog is on a distinguished road

I was thinking of running it up to a gauge pod on my "A" pillar.....Yes, No??

I know some are afraid of oil leaks inside of the truck but, that is the way it used to be done for years...so, I am not worried.

I would rather have the mechanical vs. elec....Oh, and I was also thinking of installing a vacuum gauge.....just to finish filling up the gauge pod....plus it would help with identifying a problem with the engine later on down the road.