Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

please help

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 05:00 PM
bonnafon is on a distinguished road
Question please help

I have a 1997 blazer it will crank but won’t start. I pushed the detent on the test port and no fuel came out please help

Old 10-11-2011, 05:07 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If you have no fuel pressure even for the first few seconds after the key is turned to the 'run' position, then I would start with the simple things first. Check the fuses & the fuel pump relay (mounted to the firewall near the distributor).

But if you hear the pump turn on with the key in the 'run' position, the pump is likely gone.

Old 10-11-2011, 05:18 PM
Default Thank you

Thank you swartlkk I am going to check my fuses and fuel pump relay

Old 10-11-2011, 07:06 PM

ok i checked the fuses and the relays, i even poured gas on the carburator and it still wouldn't start, so i guess i can rule out the fuel pump being bad. anybody have anymore suggestions?

Old 10-11-2011, 07:09 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure I would rule out fuel just yet... There are other things you can check. For instance, there are two aptly named threads in the Tech Article (DIY) Index link found in my signature below.

Old 10-11-2011, 09:39 PM
Beginning Member
pauley is on a distinguished road

not that it is a real technical test but in order to get these things running in the past ill have a friend crank and ill hit the bottom of the tank with a hammer if it works it needs a pump. if it dosnet work it may still need a pump but you will have to do more digging. also i have seen these with faulty fuel guages. when you turn the key on make sure you hear the pump. if you hear the pump try and throw a few gallons of gas in it and see if your guage has failed you. as far as the gas in the tbi manifold instead try taking the big line off of the back of the intake tube and spray some starting fluid in it while some one cranks it. let us know what you come up with comrade.