Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Is this Really AC Delco

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 04:35 PM
Starting Member
don james is on a distinguished road
Question Is this Really AC Delco

I got my spider today [from amazon] I'm not sure if it is delco or a cheaper priced called 'standard'......the injector tips are a different color and the regulator is a stainless color instead of a brass color and it does not have the down pipe like the ac delco pictures......do i send it back.....or are they pretty much the same..........from the looks of it, it does not look like what i ordered.......

here are the pics..........any opinions are welcome......

I now see that the injectors are marked delphi...

Attached Thumbnails Is this Really AC Delco-imgp0062.jpg   Is this Really AC Delco-imgp0063.jpg   Is this Really AC Delco-imgp0064.jpg  

Last edited by don james; 08-03-2017 at 06:10 PM.
Old 08-03-2017, 06:59 PM
Transman304 is on a distinguished road

Doesn't look like AC Delco part. Diffrent looking than the last one I installed. But anymore you never know.
This is a Delco.

Is this Really AC Delco-img_3941.jpg

Last edited by Transman304; 08-03-2017 at 07:15 PM.
Old 08-03-2017, 08:20 PM
Starting Member

yes i can see the differences .......and i don't like what amazon is doing, it might eventually take down the giant....

the delphi injectors is a good thing though.......that's what might make me go ahead with the job..........I'm 68.....i can't wait too long to put it back together, i might forget where everything goes ;-)
i wander what acdelco has to say about this, should have some legal ramifications i would imagine......

I wrote an email to amazon, I'll wait until morning for a response if i don't get one I'll see if i can get an actual english speaking human on the line....

I would be interested in other comments.........this product had mostly good reviews 4 and a half stars........the few single star reviews where guys complaining about it not being an ACDELCO......

I see that delphi has a regulator like the one that amazon sent........this could be a delphi set......??...........

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Delphi-F...9Zfxaf&vxp=mtr

and....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Delphi-Fuel-...NZSjpX&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Delphi-F...NZJWUW&vxp=mtr

looks like a delphi to me......I guess I'll keep it .......unless someone here knows better......

Last edited by don james; 08-03-2017 at 09:04 PM. Reason: more info
Old 08-03-2017, 11:14 PM
billsliv is on a distinguished road

I bought the Standard injectors. It was $50 less than the Delco, I'm cheap, poor, and the car is old. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pics. My memory is good, but short. The color of the tips looks the same as mine. I don't remember the bright white on the tubes but it could have been.

It didn't come with a new bracket. It came in a black plastic wrap inside a cardboard box with a couple of stickers saying, "STANDARD FG503." It also says Made in the USA, Long Island, NY.

Mine work, so far. If they malfunction, I'll take pics.

Old 08-04-2017, 07:36 AM
Starting Member

I got a message this morning saying that the right one [ACDELCO] will be here monday....with instructions to send the other one back........no argument.......I wonder how often this happens and they get away with it???

I got cap and rotor from RA in AC boxes, but i can't find "AC" on either part???.....maybe they quit stamping them???........it's been quite a while since I bought any of that stuff......

Old 08-04-2017, 12:56 PM
LesMyer will become famous soon enough

I think a lot of this is drop shipped when you order from Amazon. Probably Amazon isn't even aware what gets sent to you. But they definitely have clout with these drop shippers when you complain - so buyer beware and don't be afraid to complain.

Old 08-04-2017, 02:19 PM
Starting Member

I would hope that amazon warns their sellers......there is quite a bit of negative chatter going around the cyber world about amazon and RA.....but a few can make a big wave.....

I think that they need to figure out that people will pay and be happy, if they just ship them what they want.....

they did not give any negative comment on my complaint......I think they have heard the story many times......It's just a pain in the a&& waiting for parts......I like to go buy it when i need it and get the job done and go on to the next thing.....even if it's sittin on the porch drinkin a beer ;-)

Old 08-08-2017, 07:36 AM
Starting Member

I'll be darned if they didn't ship me an exact same spider..[now i have two].....I called, they gave a refund.....50 bucks plus tax......I went ahead and started the install...I hope i didn't make a bad decision.......

I wrote a bad review, hit the button to post it, and got a phone call about a minute later [no lie] ;-).........the guy of course apologized for amazon's two screw-ups......and said that he will investigate the problem.......

I made him look at the delco spider that they have listed and he agreed that it was NOT like the same TWO, that they sent me.......he then said that he will try to get the add temporarily pulled so this doesn't happen again.......

the injectors are all marked delphi.......the body has all the same marks as the delco except that iit is not stamped delco......I wander if this is what the new delco is going to be????.....maybe amazon will come up with the answer........??

in the meantime, I'll see if i can get my little buggy back on the road......I've like to get in the mountains before the snow flies..........

Old 08-08-2017, 10:24 AM
chevy77 is on a distinguished road

delphi was also a GM parts supplier same as ac delco i used the delphi spider with no issues im sure you will be ok with it

Old 08-08-2017, 11:53 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

my spider is delphi also, no issues

Quick Reply: Is this Really AC Delco