Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Replaced transmission solenoids. Still have check engine light

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 11:54 AM
riggankl is on a distinguished road
Default Replaced transmission solenoids. Still have check engine light

Hey all,

Bought a 2000 red 2wd 2 door blazer last month and love it. when i bought it the Check engine light was on and was saying "3-2 shift sensor" was out. This made sense to me cause when first fired up, the blazer hard a hard shift into drive and through out the first three gears, and it ran like a turd. However, when warmed up, if you turned the car off and back on everything shifted fine and the blazer ran like normal.

Well, I replaced the 3-2 solenoid and the 2-3 while i was at it just incase. Then had the light cleared at adavance. It Ran great until i fired it up this morning and it is doing the same thing with the same code. Not sure what else could be causing this. Any help would be greatly appreciated and I'm sure this will help someone in the future.

Thanks,
Ken

Old 05-10-2011, 11:20 AM
Beginning Member
amnotblonde is on a distinguished road

As I had a similar problem and it's still work in progress I can tell you what Chevrolet told me in the morning:

Check the tranny oil level, is it too much? or too much less? If yes you need to flush and to put the right quantity of oil.

Mine have a high level of oil and the Solenoid is not working but they said me that the solenoid can stop to work if the levels are too high so maybe the problem is just a question of levels... at least in my case! For sure some expert here will give you the perfect solution but in the meantime, check the level and quality of the oil.

Old 05-11-2011, 04:01 PM
riggankl is on a distinguished road

Thanks I appreciate the feed back. I will check it out tonight. I made sure I put the right amount of fluid back in but I may have checked it wrong.

Anyone else ever had this problem incase this isn't the solution??

Old 05-11-2011, 06:45 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If replacing the solenoid didn't work, then the wiring harness inside the transmission may be at fault. It can get damaged by the pan during installation if you aren't careful.

Also, are you sure you replaced the 3-2 shift solenoid? The 1-2 & 2-3 shift solenoids are the same and both are located on the back of the valve body. The 3-2 is different and is located on the front of the valve body nearest the driver side of the vehicle.

What is the specific code?

Old 05-12-2011, 11:23 AM
Beginning Member
amnotblonde is on a distinguished road

If he's talking about Solenoid 2-3 can be a P0758, for the 3-2 is the P0785.

But beware, if the problem is in the 2-3 can be also a Performance problem (P0756) and not a Electrical Malfunction (P0758), especially because he say that when it warm up a bit the Blazer start to work normally...

By the way, am not prone to self-diagnosis but I have the Service Manual for the Blazer and by reading it you can understand that it can be just a temporary malfunctioning, a not well wired circuit and so on... in few words nothing serious.

My advice is to take it to a Chevrolet Service Center that at the end it's not too much expensive and they also paid me the Taxi to return home and to go back to take my Blazer... well, in fact in one hour I am going to take it back :-)

Let us know!

Last edited by amnotblonde; 05-12-2011 at 11:26 AM.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:12 AM
SA10A10 is on a distinguished road

How did this turn out??? My codes called for 1-2 and 2-3 solenoids. I replaced them and still have issues; my vehicle shifts fine until warm up then I only have 2 and 3 gears with no downshift

Old 06-28-2011, 05:01 AM
kristoph30 is on a distinguished road

I had to replace the valve body on my ex's 99 jimmy. They had a few issues but I cannot remember exactly what it was doing so Im not going to guess.