Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Transmission (https://blazerforum.com/forum/engine-transmission-35/)
-   -   slow very slow pickup (https://blazerforum.com/forum/engine-transmission-35/slow-very-slow-pickup-8986/)

Jimmysls98 02-26-2007 07:52 PM

slow very slow pickup

my 98 jimmy service kight came on and now it has very slow pickup and a very rough idle any clue waht it is? oh and in kinda bogs in and out

Kordog 02-26-2007 11:17 PM

RE: slow very slow pickup

You need to get the code feom the ECM. If you goto an Auto Zone, or Advanced Auto, they will scan it for free and tell you the code. Then post the code here and we can help you. It might be a dirty MAF sensor. Korey

swartlkk 02-27-2007 01:12 AM

Yup, we definitely need the codes. Could be a bunch of things.

Cheap things to do as preventative maintenance are to clean the MAF sensor and the EGR valve. Cleaning the valve will require a new gasket, but the MAF sensor is a very easy thing to clean. You just have to make sure that you are careful about how you clean the elements in the sensor.

Jimmysls98 02-27-2007 03:32 AM

i am gonna go tomorrow to get it checked after work then i will ask for the code and post it i was thinkin fuel filter

ryridesmx 02-27-2007 03:40 AM

i had the smae problem on my 02 s-10 i dont know what engine you have or anything but i had to replace my O2 sensors out and that pretty much cured the problems. but the guys that posted above are right get the codes and you should be able to fix the problem pretty easily. just know that some of the codes can be the same for a few differnet problems but it will get you very close to fixing the problem.

Jimmysls98 02-27-2007 08:07 PM

i got a code they told me it was a misfire but would that cause the problem??

Kordog 02-27-2007 11:21 PM

What was the code number? P0300, P0301, O0302, P0303, P0304, P0305, or P0306? And yes a missfire WILL cause a rough idle, poor accel, and loss of power while driving. How many miles are on the truck, and have you ever done a tune-up yet? I would start with a tune-up esp. if you have over 60K on it. Oh and don't skimp on the tune-up parts. I have a customer that bought cheap parts for there '00 blazer and in LESS that 4000 miles the parts went bad and due to the crossfiring of the cap it burnt valves in the engine. So buy the good ones, they will cost you some cash, but it is REALLY worth it!!! Good Luck , Korey.

Jimmysls98 02-28-2007 04:26 AM

thanx i am goin to and what u recomend for plugs wires and the cap??

Kordog 02-28-2007 10:40 PM

I would go with ACDelco, or go to NAPA and get the Beldon wires, and the Echlin cap/rotor. I have no experince with other top brands, but I have had very good luck with these brands. Also use ONLY ACDelco plugs. Yes you will pay more for these brands, but they are very important parts!! Korey.