Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

SES light: 2ndary air intake

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 10:07 AM
JacoZR2 is on a distinguished road
Default SES light: 2ndary air intake

Hi! Had my BlaZR2 for a couple weeks now ('01 w/86k) and I got an SES light this AM. Stopped at AutoZone and they said it pulled a code for a secondary air intake fault. I have read a couple things on this and some point to a fuse, which I'm going to check today after work. Anyone else have this happen and if so how easy of a fix has this been if it's not the fuse? Thanks for your help for a newbie.

Old 12-14-2009, 10:10 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Something likely caused the fuse to blow if it is in fact a fuse issue. The likely cause is water ingestion into the pump which has corroded things in there. This is a somewhat common problem.

But before we get the cart before the horse here, what was the specific code that your truck stored?

Old 12-16-2009, 11:51 AM

I got the code and it is the P0410. Shows 4 potential issues, which I am really happy about
1. Circuit rlay defective or fuse open-which fuse?
2. Check connector and wiring
3. Air pump defective or hoses blocked

Old 12-17-2009, 02:31 PM

BTW, how do I know what fuse/relay is the faulty one? I am having a tough time finding it. Got info from a prior post about the pump down by the radiator, so I can check that too. I really appreciate the help! thank you!

Old 12-18-2009, 10:00 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Per the diagnostic post for this code, you need to be looking in the AIR fuse block (located right near the battery on the passenger side fender).

If you haven't found this yet, have a look:
P0410 - Secondary Air Injection System

Old 12-18-2009, 11:12 AM

Thanks! First couple times I pulled the page with the explaination that diagram didn't show up, so I appreciate it.

Old 12-22-2009, 10:19 PM
coorsoman is on a distinguished road

I am having the same problem on an 01' i have checked everything fuse relay connectors but have not changed the pump yet I have the PO410 and the PO418 code on mine it runs fine and did great in the snow just can't get rid of these dumb codes

Old 12-23-2009, 12:57 PM

Same issue here, but no P0418 code. Mine drives fine too and jsut SES light. Going home today to work on it an see if it's the relay. Is there ae visual on the relay being bad or should I just swap it just in case? Looks like I hafta pull the battery to get at it as well. Oh well, one more thing on the list.

Old 12-23-2009, 01:58 PM

BTW, found pump asm online at Delco-they want $140 for it. Does that sound right? P#215-425(2001 L35, 2000-2003L43/LN2) and P#215-364(1999-2000 L35)

Old 12-23-2009, 05:41 PM
coorsoman is on a distinguished road

well I pulled my relay and metered the contacts and put 12v to engage it and metered the other contacts engaged the pinout is on relay

Quick Reply: SES light: 2ndary air intake