Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Fuel System Conversion

Old 01-21-2009, 08:45 AM
Starting Member
BlazinMike89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fuel System Conversion

I Have a 97 S10 4x2 with the 4.3L Vin W L35 Motor. Im pretty sure it has CSFI Injection. I Wanna convert it (If I Can) To MPFI with the Fuel Rails and Differnt Intake manifold. Has anyone heard of this or done it? I cant find the parts either. if anyone could chime in it would be great thanks

Old 01-21-2009, 08:52 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Fuel System Conversion

This is not a bolt on deal. You have to find a complete marine intake manifold and you will have to modify the fuel lines.

You can get an MFI spider to replace the SCFI spider (removes the problematic poppet nozzles and moves the electronic injectors out to the intake runners.

Old 01-21-2009, 09:06 AM
Starting Member

where can i get the MFi spider module and what else would i need?

Old 01-21-2009, 09:14 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Dealer, Lindertech.com, RockAuto.com, Parts4Chevys.com, GMPartsDirect.com... Probably a few more. PN is in previous posts (see link below).

Hard Starting - Fuel Pressure Concepts

With the early SCFI motors (96-97), you may have to replace the bracket as well.

Old 01-21-2009, 09:21 AM
Starting Member

kk thanks, btw if i can find the marine manifold, what manifold would i be looking for? and would it be a direct fitment too my engine. I Know I would need the manifold, Fuel Rails, Injectors, Harness, What Else? Thanks

Old 01-21-2009, 09:39 AM
Administrator

As I already said, it is not a simple bolt on. Most marine intakes come with the fuel rails and injectors, but you will have to adapt the supply & return lines on your system now to fit the new manifold. You will also have to modify the main injection harness by cutting off the large single connector and splicing in six individual fuel injector connectors. I believe they are common connectors. Just looking at the intake, you will likely have to grab manifold vacuum for the PCV system, the EVAP system, and the brake booster all from the same source (right behind the throttle body) or make modifications to the plenum to add the other two. Also note, there is no provisions on the marine intake for the EGR system used on these motors. You would have to have the PCM modified to remove the EGR system as well. One other thing that just looks different is the connector for the MAP sensor, but I cannot tell from the photos on the eBay auction. Your throttle body can be swapped over and used so the linkages will be proper, or you could swap your throttle shaft if you wanted a new tb.

The marine intakes pop up on eBay from time to time. Just run a search for "4.3 marine intake". THIS ONE popped up.

Old 01-21-2009, 10:18 AM
Starting Member

what the difference between the CSFI Spider MFI Spider? The Merc Manifold looks time consuming

Old 01-21-2009, 10:23 AM
Administrator

Up top:
ORIGINAL: swartlkk

This is not a bolt on deal. You have to find a complete marine intake manifold and you will have to modify the fuel lines.

You can get an MFI spider to replace the SCFI spider (removes the problematic poppet nozzles and moves the electronic injectors out to the intake runners.
That is the basic gist of it.

Old 01-21-2009, 10:29 AM
Starting Member

gotchya lol thanks. So that part on gmparts is that whole assembly, i just need the bracket and seals correct?

Old 01-21-2009, 10:33 AM
Administrator

The bracket is the only additional thing you may need.

Print off the screen from GMPD.com and take it to your dealer parts counter. You may be surprised at what they can do price wise. I know I was. I paid less to have it the next day than I would to wait for GMPD.com to get off their butts and ship it to me (long waits in my past experiences with them). I only use GMPD.com as a bartering tool now since their prices are rediculously low.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fuel System Conversion