Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Tranny Slipping....

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 09:24 PM
Blahman20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tranny Slipping....

I have a 1995 Blazer LT...I find that it really slips in first and 2nd gear. On the highway it is fine, except passing gear slips a bit too....reverse is fine right now. I put it in OD and it revs way too much to change the first two gears especially, after that it's better. I was just wondering what this could be? Am I definitely looking at a new tranny or what? I'm going to likely take it in and get it tested and see what's going on. Any other suggestions? thanks.

Old 06-14-2007, 09:27 PM
Blahman20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Tranny Slipping....

Also...How hard is it to change the Tranny if I have to? I'll have a shop to do it and everything, i'll likely just get a junkyard tranny (if the rebuild costs too much)...any tips on that?

Old 06-14-2007, 11:14 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Tranny Slipping....

I'm going to assume that you have made sure that your transmission fluid is full. You may want to go ahead and try a pan drop and filter change, but I do not know if that will help.

On the difficulty of changing a transmission, well, I swapped the tranny in my Chevelle in alittle under an hour one day. 3rd gear just up and left. I had another TH350 under the barn and threw it in so I could get to baseball practice. But that car also had TONS of room and ZERO electronics. 4wd will make for more interesting complications as far as removal is concerned. Nothing major, just have to remove the t-case first.

Oh and please try to remember to use the EDIT function if another member has yet to reply and you wish to add some more information/questions to your post. Thanks.