Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

recalss and tranny issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 06:13 PM
pigfeed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default recalss and tranny issue

I have a small problem. My tranny is making a clunk sound when I engage it. It has started doing this today and I 'm concerned since I'm broke and this is my main family car. As for recalls I have had one that I can remember since i bought it in 2001. It was for the windshield wiper motor relay. I went on this very site and I saw that there are several that could possibly relate to my blazer. My question is, is there a time table to when I have to have them replaced? IK could use all the help I can get thanks!

Old 12-30-2008, 08:28 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: recalss and tranny issue

Where is the clunking sound coming from? More towards the back of the vehicle? If so, it could be the universal joints in the rear driveshaft causing the noise. You can check this by getting under your truck and inspecting the u-joints visually and manually checking for play.

And I am not sure what you are referring to in regards to recalls.

Old 12-31-2008, 09:13 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: recalss and tranny issue

More than likely the clunk noise is a u-joint, part of the driveshaft. You can let it go for a long time if your not hard on the go pedal. Call around for a price to fix it.