Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Transmission (https://blazerforum.com/forum/engine-transmission-35/)
-   -   Wont start, has fuel and spark (https://blazerforum.com/forum/engine-transmission-35/wont-start-has-fuel-spark-95485/)

TankerEasy 10-10-2017 05:23 AM

Wont start, has fuel and spark

girl friends 2001, starter will turn it over, its getting fuel and a spark, but will not crank... Ran fine the day before, was parked in the driveway over night, came out to leave for work and that's all it would do. Didn't mess with it until yesterday afternoon and it started raining so I didn't make much progress aside from disconnecting the lead that runs from igniter pack and rolling I over a couple times to see if it was getting a spark which it was along with it getting fuel and verifying the pump is working. At a loss because I've never seen a vehicle be getting everything it needs and still not starting.... any advice is appreciated, I need to get this fixed ASAP

rexmburns 10-10-2017 07:19 AM

Just because the pump runs doesn't mean it's working. You need to do a pressure and leak down test to be sure the pump is is putting out the correct pressure along with ensuring you don't have a leak some where inside your plenum. Do a quick search here and you will find a 100 threads about these symptoms and performing the tests. Report back with your findings.

TankerEasy 10-10-2017 12:08 PM

Fuel pressure is good.... that's why im a bit confused, it seems to be getting everything an engine needs in order to operate and yet it will not catch. Of course like most forums its pretty much pointless to ask anything, because everyone immediately says "go do your research" when the whole point of a forums site is to ask questions..... but thanks for the help!

Strangerock 10-10-2017 01:01 PM

what is your fuel pressure if you know its good ?

TankerEasy 10-10-2017 01:15 PM

im holding right around 62 psi at the rail, just looking for a point in the right direction as to what else could possibly keep this thing from starting.

samtratom3 10-10-2017 01:32 PM

Replaced spider assembly

sorry thought it was a new thread

Strangerock 10-12-2017 10:29 AM

Does it even sound like it wants to start ?, Is the spark strong ?

ChuckNTruck 10-12-2017 12:27 PM

Have you pulled any of the spark plugs after cranking it? Are they wet with fuel?
If not you could try dumping a little bit of fuel down the throttle body to see if it tries to start. If it does, that could point to a spider assy issue.

Does it sound normal when it cranks or does it crank very fast? Could you post a video of how it sounds when you crank it?

newguy 10-12-2017 02:08 PM

If it's not over low 50s fuel pressure it won't open injectors. If the spider is leaking it will show by not holding fuel pressure. You want a blue spark, yellow/orange no good. Possible ign module, coil distributor cap and rotor or plugs

CWBDDSPC 10-12-2017 03:32 PM

I agree with Rex as far as diagnosing the problem properly, and what newguy said too... if you are positive fuel and spark is right, a shot in the dark would be to check the wires to the crank position sensor to make sure they are intact and connected...