Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Full Size K5 (1969-1991) GMT415 (1992-1994) Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/full-size-k5-1969-1991-gmt415-1992-1994-tech-42/)
-   -   89 K5 Blazer Front Seats (https://blazerforum.com/forum/full-size-k5-1969-1991-gmt415-1992-1994-tech-42/89-k5-blazer-front-seats-94633/)

Clyde217 05-14-2017 04:30 AM

89 K5 Blazer Front Seats

Does anyone know if the front seat can actually be adjusted? Like lean forward/back? On mine I just push the seat, without touching a lever, and it will go forward so I can get in the back. There is a lever on the right side of the seat as you're sitting in it, but it doesn't do anything. It doesn't stick or anything, it moves, but it does allow me to adjust the seat. Not the most important problem with my truck, but there aren't many videos online about the front seat of an 89 K5 Blazer. Thanks for any help.

AJBert 05-14-2017 08:49 PM

Pretty sure the seats are non adjustable but you shouldn't be able to move the seat the way you do. That is what that lever that does nothing is for. I'd suggest you get it fixed as I wouldn't want to be in the seat if you slam head on into something.

Clyde217 05-15-2017 02:35 AM

Really? Because the seat leans back pretty far for my liking. I can't believe I can't make it lean forward. I agree the seat shouldn't just lean forward freely, but the lever in talkin about is on the right hand side of the driver's seat so you'd have to reach behind the seat and pull the lever to lean it forward assuming it worked properly. Obviously this thing is old and I haven't had it since 89, so I don't know how it functioned before now. Thanks for the response though. I'll try the passenger seat and see what's going on. Maybe I'll swap them out.

abig84 05-15-2017 01:55 PM

i remember on my 84 k5 there was no way to lean back and forward in the seat it was pretty much stuck in a upright position much like a bench seat. the passenger seat did too but it was like on this weird hinge thing and the whole thing would fall forward to let people in.

i later got a 86 k5 which had normal seats that would bend forward and backwards at the top part. probably just has to do with the year or whatever options the original buyer paid for

Clyde217 05-17-2017 06:55 AM

Yeah my seats for the same. They just lean forward at will. No button or lever to push. There is of course the lever up front that lets you slide entire seat forward and back. It just seems so odd to me because there is a side lever on both seats that's on the inside part of the seat. So even if they worked you'd have to climb over the seat or reach behind the entire seat to use it. I look over the lever on both seats and sprayed rust buster in case it was that simple and nothing. Looking on the outside tells me this thing has a purpose and even makes a clicking sound and I can see movement when I move the lever, but it does nothing on either seat. I honestly don't care anymore, but it's kind of blowing my mind. Thanks for the posts guys. It's just unfortunate there aren't videos about odds and ends like the seats, steering wheel, etc on YouTube.

abig84 05-17-2017 12:09 PM

i wonder if something is just missing or broke, i tried googlng for a pic of the latch set up but cant find one. but yeah one of those levers should unhook the seat so it falls forward.

AJBert 05-17-2017 06:51 PM

Maybe those levers are supposed to be for the folks in the back to be able to get out on their own? Weird there isn't anything up front, though.