Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Full Size K5 (1969-1991) GMT415 (1992-1994) Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/full-size-k5-1969-1991-gmt415-1992-1994-tech-42/)
-   -   94 full size blazer (https://blazerforum.com/forum/full-size-k5-1969-1991-gmt415-1992-1994-tech-42/94-full-size-blazer-36475/)

Conner66 11-01-2009 12:28 PM

94 full size blazer

my engine light came on about a month ago, would come on at start, would stay on then go of for a while and come back on, thought maybe it was just the o2 sensor, but wasn`t, so i bought the OBD1 and got a code (can`t remember the number) but is is described in the OBD1 book as " (timing), low voltage and the other is Anti-lock lamp short circuit, any ideas as what these could be, thanks

swartlkk 11-01-2009 03:59 PM

Other than a wild guess... No, no clue what it is you are trying to describe. Post the specific code and we'll be able to help better than just guessing and wasting your time and money.

Conner66 11-08-2009 03:56 PM

engine code problem

OK, sry bout not having the number of codes in my last message, but i got em, i under my engine check i got a code 43(which in the book says EST "electronic spark timing"CIRCUIT. LOW VOLTAGE or ESC "electronic spark control circuit problems. Lately the light is off on start will come on for a few secs, sometimes minutes then goes off(randomly on and off. i checked evrything to do with spark, alt, plugs, wires, all check ok, no problems starting or driving, as for the ABS code i got a code 81 & 86 in the book 81>brake stop lamp is shorted or open...86>antilock indicator lamp is shorted<<this will be flashed by the "BRAKE" lisht not AntiLock light, which is on ALL the time, ABS codes i have done nothing, no clue where to start. if anyone can help at all would greatly appreciate it as my inspection sticker has recently expired and need fixed to pass, thanks P.S. pics coming in few days

Conner66 11-09-2009 06:15 PM

engine code problem

under my engine check i got a code 43(which in the book says EST "electronic spark timing"CIRCUIT. LOW VOLTAGE or ESC "electronic spark control circuit problems. Lately the light is off on start will come on for a few secs, sometimes minutes then goes off(randomly on and off. i checked evrything to do with spark, alt, plugs, wires, all check ok, no problems starting or driving, as for the ABS code i got a code 81 & 86 in the book 81>brake stop lamp is shorted or open...86>antilock indicator lamp is shorted<<this will be flashed by the "BRAKE" lisht not AntiLock light, which is on ALL the time, ABS codes i have done nothing, no clue where to start. if anyone can help at all would greatly appreciate it as my inspection sticker has recently expired and need fixed to pass, thanks P.S. pics coming in few days

Conner66 11-11-2009 05:57 PM

Engine code question

i have a 94 blazer full size 5.7 w/abs, i found out what my code numbers are which is (engine) code 43 and (abs) code 81 & 86. eplace or check the wiring to the electronic spark control but, i don`t now where that is. As for the abs codes i have no idea where to start, any ideas would help greatly and maybe what would cause the problem, thanks

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

swartlkk 11-11-2009 07:14 PM

I would suggest you start by getting a manual for your truck. In a pinch, the Helm or Chiltons manuals are ok. Factory service manuals can often be found on eBay for fairly reasonable prices and will be the best coverage for your questions.

Also, I have merged all of your threads together. Please do not double post your questions. It is permissible to bump a thread if you have waited a reasonable amount of time (typically 24hours or greater) and no one has responded.

The ESC module should be located near the center of the engine where the passenger side valve cover and the intake manifold meet. it will have a 5 terminal connector with 4 wires. Inspect the connection at the ESC module as well as the connections at the knock sensor (driver side cylinder head above the exhaust manifold) and at the ECU (located under the passenger side dash).