Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Full Size K5 (1969-1991) GMT415 (1992-1994) Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/full-size-k5-1969-1991-gmt415-1992-1994-tech-42/)
-   -   Parts quality ? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/full-size-k5-1969-1991-gmt415-1992-1994-tech-42/parts-quality-91723/)

JTWard 01-24-2016 03:48 PM

Parts quality ?

Anyone have a source of good decent parts ? I'm looking for a new set of door hinges and all I'm finding is ones from China, Taiwan or Indonesia ? I just can't spend another dime on this junk. Please help ! :icon_question:

Captain Hook 01-24-2016 07:45 PM

What year vehicle? Door hinges, or door hinge pins and bushings?

JTWard 01-25-2016 05:08 AM

MY mistake. . .

Originally Posted by Captain Hook (Post 660446)
What year vehicle? Door hinges, or door hinge pins and bushings?

Captin Hook, I have a 1988 K5 Blazer, I've put a lot of work in it, but the crappy quality aftermarket parts to make it better.

Toocute350 01-25-2016 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by JTWard (Post 660438)
Anyone have a source of good decent parts ? I'm looking for a new set of door hinges and all I'm finding is ones from China, Taiwan or Indonesia ? I just can't spend another dime on this junk. Please help ! :icon_question:

LMC Truck.com

JTWard 01-25-2016 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by Toocute350 (Post 660461)
LMC Truck.com

LMC is a fantastic supplier. But they only sell what they can get. Their the parts I need to replace. :icon_hide:I should mention that the Automotive replacement parts industries are at least 80% overseas, including hew cars parts. What I'm talking about it when your are on the 4th of a 5 year loan on your present car or truck and the "Potential life " of any and all parts are getting to die, it's then the aftermarket parts chain and their "Stamp and ship !" concerns down to the cheapest bid comes into play. A good example is GM ignition units, Now I want to put out front when your key chain weights 4-5 pounds, the switch or any automotive switch IS NOT meant to be a "Load Bearing unit, it's a switch, not a door jamb. Just like a floor-mat. . . Harmless sure if your IQ is above 50. Otherwise the individual is more suited playing with old Tonka play toy trucks. Maybe I'm overstating the average American, or whatever their source country.

It's a problem which is already showing it's ugly hear in minor ways. I read in the NY Times the other day the the X generation are not buying cars because 1. you can't a place to park without getting the car Towed, damaged, Keyed or stolen, they just use their UPER app. You may think I'm crazy, but even in Oregon the reduction in traffic overall, ever since Jimmy Carter started with the federal speed of 55 and the EPA incessant demands for better and better MPG per vehicle, the gas tax has dropped to the point that our trusty lawmakers have a new program. . . Tax you by the mile ! I can hear the automotive underground tuners or web techs finding a way to have your mileage to read 1 mile in place for the 100 shown on your odometer. At times I can't understand we fought off the British over taxation.