Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Full Size K5 (1969-1991) GMT415 (1992-1994) Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/full-size-k5-1969-1991-gmt415-1992-1994-tech-42/)
-   -   transmission (https://blazerforum.com/forum/full-size-k5-1969-1991-gmt415-1992-1994-tech-42/transmission-38937/)

grant walker 01-06-2010 07:09 PM

transmission

I put a new motor in our 1996 chev suburban 4x4 oh and the trans worked fine pryer ( like allways) any way the only thing I did to the trans is drain and added fluid, the truck sat for a month while I found time to put it all back togather. Now the trans will not shift into 3rd gear this is an automatic it will do 1st and 2nd fine thats all. any ideas what the #$^^ it can be. Any ideas at this point will be taken. thank you for all your time
Grant Walker you may e-mail me at gwalker968@aol.com with subject as transmission:icon_hyper:

Qumodo 01-06-2010 08:10 PM

did some reaserch for you and found this:

Depending on the vehicle, lets say you own a Chrysler, the electronic transmission has a mode referred to as "limp in" mode. Your vehicle will run only in second, or maybe third gear(transmission). In most cases, if there is something mechanically wrong with your tranny, you will hear it or feel it, or have total failure.

In the case of an electronic problem, the check engine light accompanied by the inability to shift through the gears could be due to a faulty governer pressure sensor and or solenoid. Occasionally with chrysler electronic trannys, the solenoid gets frozen and will not engage with the correct force. Fault code will indicate Governer pressure sensor voltage too low, etc. This can be remedied easily by purchasing the parts over the internet and dropping the transmission pan, removing the valve body, and replacing the two parts.

hope this helps:icon_google:

grant walker 01-16-2010 02:31 PM

97 'burb trans trouble

help me please 4L60E trans...I have a 1996 chev suburan 4x4 5.7 with 4L60E trans. The truck blow the engin so I put in a rebuilt motor, at the same time I drained the trans. when I went to test drive the truck all I had was park 1st 2nd and nutral. As the truck went in to 3rd it acted as if it was in nutral. Everything ran fine be for the rebuild. So I need help has any one ran into this type of problem. please E-mail me as I check that more than run to this site my problem not anything with this site, my e-mail is gwalker968@aol.com

swartlkk 01-16-2010 02:43 PM

*Merged with your previous thread on the topic* - Please do not double post your questions. Double Posting is prohibited by the rules of the forum.

You can check out the Tech Article (DIY) section for a list of common problems that the 4L60E can experience. Other than that, have you gone back through and made sure that when you dropped the pan that you did not damage the wiring harness or unplug a solenoid by mistake inside the pan?