Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Full Size K5 (1969-1991) GMT415 (1992-1994) Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/full-size-k5-1969-1991-gmt415-1992-1994-tech-42/)
-   -   weird noise when i let off the gas (https://blazerforum.com/forum/full-size-k5-1969-1991-gmt415-1992-1994-tech-42/weird-noise-when-i-let-off-gas-44759/)

K5countryboy 05-21-2010 02:30 AM

weird noise when i let off the gas

There's a loud clanking noise when im doing around 40mph or faster but it only does it when i let off the gas then and then when i give it gas to speed back up after i let off it does for a sec and then once i get to a constant speed it doesnt do it. Now if i remember correctly this happend to my 01 dodge ram 4x4. Well it got worse and started doing it at slower speeds and it ended up being my transercase and it ended up cracking it. So im opposing its probably gonna be my transfercase but has any one else had this problem? And you can feel the vibration of it right behind your feet on the floor board. And i just had the tranny rebuilt not even a week ago. But like i said my dodge did the same thing and it was my transfercase :icon_shrug:

Ck1500 05-21-2010 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by K5countryboy (Post 331750)
There's a loud clanking noise when im doing around 40mph or faster but it only does it when i let off the gas then and then when i give it gas to speed back up after i let off it does for a sec and then once i get to a constant speed it doesnt do it. Now if i remember correctly this happend to my 01 dodge ram 4x4. Well it got worse and started doing it at slower speeds and it ended up being my transercase and it ended up cracking it. So im opposing its probably gonna be my transfercase but has any one else had this problem? And you can feel the vibration of it right behind your feet on the floor board. And i just had the tranny rebuilt not even a week ago. But like i said my dodge did the same thing and it was my transfercase :icon_shrug:

i had a similar sound comming from mine, and it was the trans mount.. and also look into your U-Joints... they will make funny sounds when there on the way out.. and seeing your letting off the gas and its making noise. the good news is U-Joints and trans mounts are inexpensive.. compared to a T-case, or even a tranny.
you said you had the tranny rebuilt not even a week ago??? did a shop do it? just curious, maybe its not re-installed correctly also??

hope this helps

Ck1500

K5countryboy 05-22-2010 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Ck1500 (Post 331796)
i had a similar sound comming from mine, and it was the trans mount.. and also look into your U-Joints... they will make funny sounds when there on the way out.. and seeing your letting off the gas and its making noise. the good news is U-Joints and trans mounts are inexpensive.. compared to a T-case, or even a tranny.
you said you had the tranny rebuilt not even a week ago??? did a shop do it? just curious, maybe its not re-installed correctly also??

hope this helps

Ck1500

Yes a shop did do the rebuild and have a 2 yr warranty. That reminds me when when i went to go have my tranny built on my dodge and it was doing the same thing after it was rebuilt. Then like a month after my transfercase cracked and it was cause i had a bad transmission mount, so i was told. well put a new case and mount in it and never did it again. So im gonna go get a mount and see how that goes cause the mount is beat up anyways..

Thanks