Full Size K5 (1969-1991) GMT415 (1992-1994) Tech Discuss any and all full size K5 general tech topics here.

full electric to no electric

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 01:31 PM
Beginning Member
punx.inc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default full electric to no electric

okay. my 86 blazer has electric everything. it even used to have fuel enjection somehow. now here is the question im wondering about. can i pull the fuse to the ecu and have it still run? ive got a 350 out of a 77 truck in it. ive already unplugged the electric fuel pump, and am using the engine mounted fuel pump. the only electric gauges still hooked up are the speedometer and gas gauge ( and the gas gauge doenst work because i unplugged the fuel pump at the tank). i want to make this thing use as little electrical as possible. it has electric windows and locks, sadly. cruise control, too. what problems should i expect if i just pull the ecu (im running carb, no fuel enjection, now), and what should i do to make things more like an early 80's blazer (as mechanical as possible). am im to vague, just tell me what to explain, and ill explain it. feel free to pm me or anything like that.

Old 12-24-2007, 03:33 PM
Beginning Member
punx.inc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: full electric to no electric

wow, i guess either no one can help me, or no onewants to. oh well i guess.

Old 12-25-2007, 12:07 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: full electric to no electric

Sorry man, the holidays take priority for many people. And you have a unique situation here. You should be able to make things work, but it is going to be a painstaking task. You should start by getting a wiring diagram for your truck. That will allow you to determine what features are controlled through the PCM. From there, you can eliminate those things which you do not need and attempt to salvage those things which you want to keep. It won't be easy I can tell you that.

Once I get some more time I can attempt to look into the wiring diagrams for you, but before then, I'm hoping that one of our fullsize savy members posts up!