General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Trans fluid +head light fog = pretty clean now

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2015, 10:36 PM
Beginning Member
blazerbeast01 is on a distinguished road
Default Trans fluid +head light fog = pretty clean now

So a buddy told me he spilled trans fluid on a car he was working on and it got on the headlight so he grabbed a shop towel and boom he noticed the fog was off so he had to do the other side . Well didn't believe him so I tried it , it works pretty good , need to pop the clips and hit the inside to make it look better . so I thought I'd put it out there

Attached Thumbnails Trans fluid +head light fog = pretty clean now-image.jpg  

Last edited by blazerbeast01; 05-29-2015 at 10:39 PM.
Old 05-29-2015, 10:54 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

I dont mean to be a downer on this situation, but this is like snake oil for engines (stop leak ect)

All it did was put a glossy layer over the headlights getting rid of the fog temporarily.

To get rid of the foggy (oxidization) "permanently" (I quoted permanently, because they are plastic lenses so nothing is permanent with them) it needs to be sanded down then buffed out with some sort of rubbing compound then a glazing compound.

To put it better. this is like putting wax on a dull paint job, it fixes it for a little bit but it will return shortly

BUT, to not discredit you, for a quick fix, this does work.

Last edited by richphotos; 05-29-2015 at 10:58 PM.
Old 05-29-2015, 11:28 PM
Beginning Member
blazerbeast01 is on a distinguished road

Not a problem don't doubt it, quick way to get them looking good when you have no money . I whipped them down real good and getting rain the next few days so we'll see how good it does . Have any other tips let me know thanks