Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   General Chat (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/)
-   -   The 2019 Chevrolet Blazer is overpriced garbage??? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/2019-chevrolet-blazer-overpriced-garbage-99517/)

wd2112 05-11-2019 08:12 AM

The 2019 Chevrolet Blazer is overpriced garbage???

Saw this video online. The RS does seem to be quite expensive. Any thoughts? Overpriced, or worth it?

blazen_red_4x4 05-11-2019 11:05 AM

Looks like every other new SUV/Crossover coming out on the market now...

I think it's funny that GM kept the Camaro name alive and tried to throw-back the design to resemble the old muscle car, but they couldn't bring themselves to put a full frame under the SUV to give it the Blazer name, as the Blazer has been since it's conception. They could have easily built the new Blazer off a full size Silverado or Tahoe platform, or off the Colorado platform if to keep it mid sized. All they've managed to put together is another Traverse, Acadia, Terrain, Equinox, etc... I would almost put money on a prediction that in a few years and they'll bring back the S10 as a FWD, lol

In my honest opinion, all they've managed to do is put another cookie cutter crossover out there to compete against they vehicles GM themselves is already selling!

I wouldn't go as far as saying it's hideous, it's just keeping up with the trend of modern design. But overpriced for what it is, well, I give that to ANY new vehicle...

cleburne red 05-11-2019 03:34 PM

Blazin red, 100% agree with you!

Jbgraham212 06-17-2019 07:29 AM

Couldn't agree more.

Why, oh why ruin the Blazer badging with as the commercial says "Sexy MOM car". Nothing else needs to said.
So the only thing left for a guy to drive these days is a revised muscle car, truck or Jeep. I already have a truck but with it having an 8.1 v8 it definitely is not my commuter car and my wife has the Jeep. Heaven help me if something happens to my 2000 ZR2. I seriously would be scouring the "repurposed" yards for an 85 or newer Blazer to do a complete rebuild.

christine_208 06-18-2019 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Jbgraham212 (Post 710253)
Why, oh why ruin the Blazer badging with as the commercial says "Sexy MOM car". Nothing else needs to said.
So the only thing left for a guy to drive these days is a revised muscle car, truck or Jeep. I already have a truck but with it having an 8.1 v8 it definitely is not my commuter car and my wife has the Jeep. Heaven help me if something happens to my 2000 ZR2. I seriously would be scouring the "repurposed" yards for an 85 or newer Blazer to do a complete rebuild.

Even I cringed at the "Sexy Mom-Car" line in the TV ad. LOL

When I got my current 1999 Blazer about 10 years ago I thought I'd get rid of it by now but considering the cost of replacement (10 yo 4-Runners go for $13k to $15k) and the dearth of other smaller to midsized proper SUVs, I've committed to keeping mine around for many more years.