General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Your luck as bad as mine?

Old 01-02-2011, 04:01 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about
Default Your luck as bad as mine?

So my blazers pretty pissed off at me right now. In the last 2 months ive been through,
4 fuel pumps
wheel bearing(last week)
flat tire(friday)
bad window motor
and since yesterday,last night my voltage dropped down to 12ish on the gauge,went by advanced auto to have them check my stuff to see what was bad. Bad battery was the culprit. Well, this morning i went outside to pull it and use one out of my truck and the rear window was shattered. oh thats great so i cleaned up and went to pop the hood open and realized the idiot at the store that opened my hood pulled my cable apart and stuffed it back in and didnt say anything...so there you have it...my demented blazer...ive had 3 of them,still have 2,this one must be cursed...

any others with bad luck?

Old 01-03-2011, 02:08 AM
bigkhans is on a distinguished road

My last Blazer got totalled after just four months of driving it. The S10 Baja that I bought to replace it gave me some trouble until I had the tranny rebuilt. Now it truns great with no problems. My biggest worry is being hit like I was in the Blazer, don't want to lose another truck.

Old 01-03-2011, 05:49 PM
Beginning Member
laxman21 is on a distinguished road

Are you using cheap aftermarket fuel pumps?

Blazers seem to keep you on your toes with repairs.

Old 01-03-2011, 06:28 PM
Starting Member
BresBlazy will become famous soon enough

Mine is very tempermental....after replacing the injector, fuel filter, oil filter, plugs and wires, cap and rotor its finally working great but now my doorlocks, cd player, driverside window, and washer fluid dont work, not to mention the 8888888trip I get on the odom when I start it up! ARG.....I also think theres an issue with the steering and one of my bump stops are missing LOL I want to get new tires but think I need to replace the balll joints and things also just to be safe...POO!

Old 01-04-2011, 02:21 AM
bigkhans is on a distinguished road

When I started swapping parts over from my blazer to my s10, i made sure to swap the ball joints over. I had just replaced all four of them at $25.00 a piece, plus I had two new cv shafts as well. I wasn't about to let all those new parts go to waste. Besides its insane what a shop charges to replace the ball joints, way cheaper if you have the means to do it yourself.

One last issue remaining with my truck, and that is the dome light. I haven't taken much effort in trying to trace down the short yet. So maybe my luck is starting to improve a little.

I remember on another blazer that i had, i replaced the fuel pump because i though it was bad and it turned out to be the ecm.

Last edited by bigkhans; 01-04-2011 at 02:23 AM.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:10 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

wow that is bad luck, try not to run your tank too low, our pumps seem to hate that, the gas keeps the fuel pump cool, also dont buy anything other than oem.

my repairs seem to come when i'm laid off from work, go figure....then i eat KD and fish sticks for 2 weeks, ugh.

Old 01-06-2011, 05:36 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by laxman21
Are you using cheap aftermarket fuel pumps?

Blazers seem to keep you on your toes with repairs.
i don't wanna jinx myself, but i've gotta disagree with ya on that.

Originally Posted by bigkhans
I remember on another blazer that i had, i replaced the fuel pump because i though it was bad and it turned out to be the ecm.
@ least you didn't drop a just-filled-it-up-2-minutes-ago, 40 gallon tank in your 'Burb, for what you thought was a fried fuel pump.

turned out to be a popped fuse due to an intermittent short!

Originally Posted by blazinloud
my repairs seem to come when i'm laid off from work, go figure....then i eat KD and fish sticks for 2 weeks, ugh.
and i thought i was the only one for that!

also......if you see fuel prices drop sharply all of a sudden, it's cause i just filled up, and the truck broke!

yup, i pretty much own that one!