General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Another reason to keep your Blazer (if you can)

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2018, 08:59 PM
BF Veteran
Tom A will become famous soon enough

I paid $450 for mine, but I had to tow it home. Only cost me ten bucks to fix it, though.

Old 12-26-2018, 09:58 AM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Tom A
I just don't know how people can afford some of these new vehicles.
Everytime I think about getting rid of the Blazer, I always think two things; 1. Do I want a car payment?, & 2. How the heck do these people afford these sweet, big **** trucks?!

Old 12-26-2018, 10:02 AM
BF Veteran
Tom A will become famous soon enough

You can actually buy a house in a lot of places for less than the price of a nice diesel pickup.

Old 12-26-2018, 10:04 AM
GreenBlazer2002 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 1999redblazer
mine was $300 dollars and i drove it home
Paid $425 for my 01 4dr. Guy thought it had jumped timing but it was just bad gas. I've been driving it for a few months now 👍😁.

Old 12-26-2018, 10:58 AM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by N. Jensen
Everytime I think about getting rid of the Blazer, I always think two things; 1. Do I want a car payment?, & 2. How the heck do these people afford these sweet, big **** trucks?!
I think you hit the nail on the head; There are a lot of people who are comfortable with much more debt than I am. Or, they don't look at the total price and instead look only at the payment amount.

Then again, with the age of our Blazers, it does help to know how to turn wrench and hopefully also enjoy doing that.

Old 12-26-2018, 02:20 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by N. Jensen
How the heck do these people afford these sweet, big **** trucks?!
Originally Posted by christine_208
I think you hit the nail on the head; There are a lot of people who are comfortable with much more debt than I am. Or, they don't look at the total price and instead look only at the payment amount.
Debt! That's how people have stuff they can't afford! Spending money they don't have, to buy things they don't need, to impress people they don't like.

Y'all ever hear of a dude named Dave Ramsey?

Old 12-26-2018, 04:44 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

I payed between 1200-1400 cdn for mine... it had 180 000km on it, and nothing wrong. I've put about the same into it, maintenance and a lift kit. And I've taken her to Florida three times, once with a camper, a 3200km road trip through the states, and now to NC(and hopefully back). but I still rather be putting money into her then going into a new ride. And even if I do go get a new ride, itll be a used one!

Old 12-26-2018, 07:42 PM
G0LFADD1CT is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't forget the higher insurance premium a new $60,000+ rig would bring.....

Old 12-28-2018, 06:39 PM
go chevy is on a distinguished road

AHHHH... I feel like I got ripped off lol.... I paid $1250.00 for my 98. I must say though, all power with the moon roof, leather interior with heated seats, just 2 tiny tears on the driver seat and not a speck of rust that you can see without crawling under it lol... It needs a good buff and wax job but the paint is still in great shape! Heck, maybe I didn't get ripped off after all??? It did need new tires and an alignment when I first bought it too be honest and the stereo is still factory with 3 blown speakers... Let's be honest, these 4.3 Vortecs are an amazing motor, plenty of power for a truck that size!

Old 12-28-2018, 06:47 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by go chevy
AHHHH... I feel like I got ripped off lol.... I paid $1250.00 for my 98. I must say though, all power with the moon roof, leather interior with heated seats, just 2 tiny tears on the driver seat and not a speck of rust that you can see without crawling under it lol... It needs a good buff and wax job but the paint is still in great shape! Heck, maybe I didn't get ripped off after all??? It did need new tires and an alignment when I first bought it too be honest and the stereo is still factory with 3 blown speakers... Let's be honest, these 4.3 Vortecs are an amazing motor, plenty of power for a truck that size!

You are not alone. I got mine for about $3,800 10 years ago at 90,000 miles. It is an LT with all the options except the ZR2 suspension and sunroof. (I have the overhead console instead.) I did not appreciate the Auto-4WD, the 3.73 gears, the full set of skid-plates as much as I should have when I bought it but I do now!

Quick Reply: Another reason to keep your Blazer (if you can)