General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Another reason to keep your Blazer (if you can)

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2019, 06:22 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by cleburne red
Debt! That's how people have stuff they can't afford! Spending money they don't have, to buy things they don't need, to impress people they don't like.

Y'all ever hear of a dude named Dave Ramsey?
I thought Tyler Durden said that...

Old 01-07-2019, 06:45 PM
go chevy is on a distinguished road

Score 1 for the "little truck that could" lol!!! A guy in town slid into a ditch with his big bad Ram 4x4 crewcab... I simply stopped and asked him if he needed me too pull him out and he said with a big grin, "that little suv won't be able too, but thanks anyway"... Well, I am here too tell you "this little suv" pulled him out He was amazed, asking all kind of questions, motor size, tranny, gears ect... I just shook his hand and smiled and said, "she's the little truck that can".....

Old 01-07-2019, 07:05 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by cleburne red
"The payed off home mortgage has taken the place of the BMW as the status symbol of success!"

Love me some Dave Ramsey
Yep. I was able to pay off my 15 year mortgage. Now to live as if I have not and save the difference. What will help is to keep the old cars running!

Old 01-07-2019, 08:48 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by christine_208
Yep. I was able to pay off my 15 year mortgage. Now to live as if I have not and save the difference. What will help is to keep the old cars running!
Man, that's awesome! Congrats! We're on BS4-6 currently. I want to start paying down the house, but gotta start a college fund for my daughter first.

Old 01-07-2019, 08:50 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by N. Jensen
I thought Tyler Durden said that...
Man, now I wanna watch fight club again! Lol

Old 01-08-2019, 08:20 PM
go chevy is on a distinguished road

Hmmm, odd..... Not one single hoot? Holler? Ok, if we as proud owners don't want any "attaboy, good job, way too represent the club lol"...... Just kidding folks, these are truly powerful little machines!!! And many times they are truly underestimated at what they can do. My wife works with the guys wife I pulled out of that ditch and he wants too know if the Blazer might be for sale... He wants something "tiny, but strong for her too drive" LOLLLLL...... Time for me too "shake that tail feather" : ) Dang, if I had a posse like the wild west, lookout lol...

Old 01-08-2019, 09:11 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Good job pulling out the ram, too bad he couldnt dodge the ditch....

I almost got stuck today, decided to throw it in 4lo, and the turd decided not to work!

did a little rocking and she got herself out... really gotta fix my 4x4... shes a 2x4 right now

Old 01-08-2019, 11:31 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by go chevy
Hmmm, odd..... Not one single hoot? Holler? Ok, if we as proud owners don't want any "attaboy, good job, way too represent the club lol"...... Just kidding folks, these are truly powerful little machines!!! And many times they are truly underestimated at what they can do. My wife works with the guys wife I pulled out of that ditch and he wants too know if the Blazer might be for sale... He wants something "tiny, but strong for her too drive" LOLLLLL...... Time for me too "shake that tail feather" : ) Dang, if I had a posse like the wild west, lookout lol...
Yep, I impressed a guy the last day of hunting season who was driving a 1/2 ton Dodge crew-cab. We both got stuck a bit turning around at a gated road in the woods that had a 6"-8" of fresh snow on top of some places with ice underneath. It reinforced that they are tough and nimble little trucks.

Last edited by christine_208; 01-09-2019 at 01:39 AM.
Old 01-09-2019, 08:40 AM
G0LFADD1CT is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DonL
Good job pulling out the RAM, too bad he couldnt DODGE the ditch....:

Haha...it took me a second but I got it.

Old 01-11-2019, 06:17 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Lol thought it was a good pun...

Quick Reply: Another reason to keep your Blazer (if you can)