Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   General Chat (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/)
-   -   Another reason to keep your Blazer (if you can) (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/another-reason-keep-your-blazer-if-you-can-98410/)

DonL 12-28-2018 06:50 PM

Go chevy,

Depending on the mileage, I think 1250 isnt that bad. But then again, that's about the lowest price any used vehicle, that's worth buying in ontario, is priced around there... come this summer I'll be looking for an s10 or sonoma for the wifey, and I'm looking to be paying around 2000-2500 for something with little to no rust, with below 200k on it, and no mechanical work.

I'm gonna try and talk her into coming down south to find something because the prices are worth it. will only have to swap the speedometer to canadian when we get back with it...

go chevy 12-28-2018 07:48 PM

She is my everyday driver back and forth too work. Well, now that it is cold where I live my wife takes it from me because she likes the heated seat lol! Oh well, what's the old saying, "happy wife happy life" lol!!!

go chevy 12-28-2018 07:53 PM

The mileage... The odometer reads 240,thousand and some change... I doubt the motor in it now is original, but who knows? I am sure I could track VIN #s but I am older now and it is not worth the time lol!

cleburne red 12-28-2018 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by go chevy (Post 700302)
The mileage... The odometer reads 240,thousand and some change... I doubt the motor in it now is original, but who knows? I am sure I could track VIN #s but I am older now and it is not worth the time lol!

240k ain't that much, really. I've got over 350k on my original engine. The 4.3 is a good engine, and can last awhile with minimal maintenance

go chevy 12-29-2018 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by cleburne red (Post 700304)
240k ain't that much, really. I've got over 350k on my original engine. The 4.3 is a good engine, and can last awhile with minimal maintenance

Good point, I just might check it out and see if the motor is original after all... I know the Tranny is not, I bought a used one at a salvage yard for $300 bucks this past summer. It came out of a S10 4x4... Another reason for all of us too keep these trucks, almost everything is interchangeable between Blazers, Jimmys and the S10s and Sonoma pickups...

DonL 12-29-2018 07:55 PM

Around 312xxx km on mine now, about 197xxx miles... came back home great after another road trip to the states... shes a keeper lol. Tows the camper, canoe and hasn't disappointed me on a road trip yet, other then when the driveshaft went. But I was glad that it happend in the states, save me TONS of money, and a shop did the work.

edit:
forgot to mention that body(minus drivers door), engine and trany is original. But I do have the door, just need to put a window motor in it. But everything else has been touched. Will also be doing a black interior swap at some point. Carpet and all. But gotta wait for the wifey to have her s10.

DonL 12-29-2018 08:04 PM

Might as well add the my current drivers door was an s10 4dr crew cab. Originally dark blue, many coats of white lol.

puttster 01-04-2019 04:42 PM

I have $1200 in my Xtreme, it has a little grill and hood damage, not very noticeable. Or I got used to it.

jimspahr@msn.com 01-06-2019 08:58 AM

I think about the monthly payments on the new SUV's and pick ups. For two or three monthly payments , you can own a nice Blazer or Jimmy. Even if you have to make some repairs or buy a set of tires, you are ahead. Then add on the cost of insurance and taxes of a new SUV. You are way ahead of the guy with a shiny new Tahoe. Those new trucks come with 20 to 22 inch tires. Price a set of those when you think about buying the latest SUV. Yes, I have heard of Dave Ramsey. One of his signature lines refers to the BMW in the drive vs getting out of debt. He could also say a Escalade, Navigator, or Denali.

cleburne red 01-06-2019 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by jimspahr@msn.com (Post 700782)

...Yes, I have heard of Dave Ramsey. One of his signature lines refers to the BMW in the drive vs getting out of debt. He could also say a Escalade, Navigator, or Denali.

"The payed off home mortgage has taken the place of the BMW as the status symbol of success!"

Love me some Dave Ramsey