General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

anyone instaled HID head lights on a blazer

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 02:31 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future
Default RE: anyone instaled HID head lights on a blazer

im not sure what bulbs a 96 uses. sylvania has an online replacement guide that tells you which bulbs you need. for 96 blazer, it lists two options. sealed beam, and replaceable halogen capsules... if you know the bulb number you need, you can get them on ebay.they are availablevirtuallyin whatever size you need and in any color temp from 3000k to 30,000k

the ones i bought fit into the stock housing. the base looks exactly like a 9006 halogen bulb but they are a little longerbut they fit fine

Old 12-04-2007, 05:30 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

There's a seller on ebay that's got the newer 55watt HID's and digital ballasts...

Imma have to dig up the link, lol.

Old 12-04-2007, 06:05 PM
Jharper is infamous around these partsJharper is infamous around these parts

i just bought a kit off ebay, should be a nice kit hopefully.

Old 12-04-2007, 06:32 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

what color temp did you get?

Old 12-04-2007, 06:38 PM
Jharper is infamous around these partsJharper is infamous around these parts

Old 12-05-2007, 11:46 AM
mdk681 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a 6k kit in my 2000 4dr and LOVE THEM! It is so crazy how much of a difference it makes... Worth every penny!

Old 12-05-2007, 12:05 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Matt, the HID's look good.

Old 12-05-2007, 02:25 PM
Starting Member
jimbosv650 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. I just had a set of Osram 4100k HIDs installed in my 99 Blazer this week. They came out of a wrecked s2000 and work beautifully. After a couple hundred hours they'll be more like 43/4400k. They emit a pure white light and look bada$$ if you ask me. Just be sure that the headlights are properly re-installed afterwards or you'll be blinding oncoming traffic.

Old 12-05-2007, 04:49 PM
BF Veteran

those of you that have HID's, where did you put the ballasts at? mine are jsut laying in the engine compartment b/c i havent mounted them anywhere yet. the passengers sides is just laying b/w the battery and the horn and the drivers side is kinda just sitting near the air filter. theres plenty of space to mount one on the drivers side but i had a hard time looking for an open spot on the passenger side.

also, when i turn them on, they flash real bright and then get dim and then slowly get bright again. is that normal? my brothers do the same thing but do all of them do that

Old 12-05-2007, 06:05 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

I have a relay kit installed with mine so I don't have that problem.

Quick Reply: anyone instaled HID head lights on a blazer