Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   General Chat (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/)
-   -   Before After H.I.D. Light Pictures (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/before-after-h-i-d-light-pictures-15897/)

Tippman7641 01-07-2008 09:34 PM

RE: Before Afther HID light Pictures

e best part is when people turn there high beams on at you, then i got to turn mine on at them, they quickly shut theirs off lol

*************please have these before any serious quesstions and answers so that people can quickly find what they are looking for and dont have to search through a mind numbing amount of posts to find answers

Blazin_Jason 01-07-2008 09:41 PM

I can barely see straight after all the time I've spent reading on hidplanets forum. Going to start gathering parts to do a retro for my first gen.

Tippman7641 01-07-2008 09:42 PM

lol this is why im tring to creat a before and afther and was hoping people would post more pictures, so this is more of a visual fourm then and informational one, but its informational as well

jimbosv650 01-08-2008 10:52 AM

I had a set of factory Honda 4100k hids in my truck but the connectors got wet and the ballasts shorted out(not fun). I picked up a complete set of 8000k hids with the bulbs, ballasts, cables, connectors, and brackets on ebaymotors for $74 shipped with a 14month warranty. Ive had them for about 2wks and they work great! Cant beat the price.

drperry 01-08-2008 05:11 PM

ORIGINAL: Tippman7641

e best part is when people turn there high beams on at you, then i got to turn mine on at them, they quickly shut theirs off lol

*************please have these before any serious quesstions and answers so that people can quickly find what they are looking for and dont have to search through a mind numbing amount of posts to find answers

The best part about my HID setup, is people DON'T flash their highbeams at you :D

The onlytime I've ever had someone flash their highbeams at me, it would've happend no matter what... I'd just crested the top of a hill, and they were just starting up the bottom of it... HID's or no, that's fricken bright, lol.

A little bit of dremel work, and some side cutters and you can put the H1 HID's into the ebay projectors I'm running...

jimbosv650 01-12-2008 12:13 PM

crappy daytime cell phone pics 8000k

[IMG]local://upfiles/5909/331B4D4262644439B98CF85436000742.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/5909/BA3FCF0E47B140E98518272B40DF4A6D.jpg[/IMG]

EuroGoldLS 01-12-2008 01:37 PM

Excellent. Take lots of pictures of how you installed them/mounted everything and make a how-to. :)

Blazin_Jason 01-12-2008 02:15 PM

Can you get some night pics against a wall maybe?

jimbosv650 01-12-2008 04:23 PM

Sorrymy picture capabilities are limited because Im too cheap to pay for picture messaging lol.

blznlowxtreme 01-13-2008 11:39 AM

ORIGINAL: Tippman7641

well the thing i hate about projectors is the cut off line is like a razor....

let me explain when we bring cars into the shop ther lights usually pretty evenly cast light on the walls in front of them(like cirles that fade out the further from the spot of light), but when a car with hids and projectors pulls in the light goes half way up the wall and stops(ther is no fade out above this line) in a perfect razor sharp horziontal line
i have projectors and the razor cut off.my understanding is thatthe projectors are made to shoot a projection of light that is more consitrated. hints the name projector, factory lights put out more of non- directed beam which is why it just gradually fades away. please correct me if im wrong, so i dont understand why people buy projectors and then dont like that they light dont gradually fade out like OEM lights. if you dont want to have a line cutting off then the i would think best thing is to not buy projectors and do HIDs or leave them stock.