General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Bye bye Blazer I have a few things to say

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 03:20 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road
Default Bye bye Blazer I have a few things to say

Sad But true! I traded the Blazer today. Bought a 2008 Disco 3. Wanted a Grand Cherokee but still a bit out of my price range.
Got the Land Rover for $30k after Trade. Blazer was valued at $2k.
I did think of advertising it on TradeMe but there are loads on there selling for $4 - $8k. Some for more. They've been there for ages but none have sold.
On my way to the car yard, I was driving my wife's Smart ForFour & she was behind in the Blazer, I saw a black Blazer & it looked old & tired - good time to trade I thought. Saw another coming the other way a bit further along & decided good decision.
But then! I looked in my rear view mirror & saw my Blazer - all clean & shiny! With its projector lights, black grille & red Bowie, red tow hooks, yellow fog lights, wide spread wheels & roof lights I thought Wow, what a great looking truck! And immediately regretted my decision. Too late! I'd already paid for the Disco! Oh well.
Got back to the office after lunch & whilst people were impressed with the new ride, they all expressed disappointment that the black beast was gone. I must point out that I manage a business park - 5 office blocks & a car park building, so all the tenants employees walk through the car park & past my parking space. They all know my Blazer by now. They always have a good comment about my truck - especially when it's clean. People in the street still stop to look & ( without trying to be vain) admire my truck, often smile & some give me the thumbs up.
After work went out to the car park & had to look twice when I saw the Disco in my parking space. Instant twinge of regret. Loved that truck - still do & even though it's only been gone half a day now, I miss it! Damn! Difficult letting go after 4 1/2 years.

Weird looking out the window now & seeing something different in the drive LOL.

It's been good on this site & really liked being part of it. Particularly in the formative years. Lately unfortunately, I've been too busy with other things to be involved on the forum or even to do much with or to my truck.

Lastly, I wish to thank all the moderators & members for their support & assistance when required. Especially you Kyle.

Lastly #2. I,ve most enjoyed having an American truck with the steering wheel on the RIGHT side! LOL.

Thanks again guys. This is good bye but not farewell. I'll pop in from time to time to see how things are going.

Cheers

Ken aka kiwiblazer

Old 07-31-2013, 03:32 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

I'm sad to see it go, but understand where you are coming from. Hopefully your disco will treat you well in the years to come.

Old 07-31-2013, 04:08 AM
BF Veteran

Thanks mate. See ya.

Old 07-31-2013, 06:26 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for having been such a good member and best wishes with the new ride.

Old 07-31-2013, 08:52 AM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

Best of luck with the new ride KiwiBlazer. It can certainly be a bitter sweet moment when you upgrade, but that time come sooner or later for everyone.

Old 08-01-2013, 07:20 PM
WitchingHour is an unknown quantity at this point

Hope you enjoy the new ride. I know how it is, not wanting to let a vehicle go when you've put your own blood, sweat, and tears into it.

Old 08-02-2013, 12:05 AM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Take care brother. You will be back... You will get a project truck too

Old 08-02-2013, 01:55 AM
BF Veteran

At $2k I was tempted to keep the truck as there was still stuff I was wanting to do but the wife was being practical - where to keep it, annual cost to keep it insured $500, annual road tax @ $150, cost of service @ anything up to $1000 a time depending on what needs doing to get the warrant of fitness (twice a year). Doesn't leave much to embark on projects LOL.

Not sure yet but the Disco will probably stay "stock" other than needing a tow hitch.
Being a Jap import (the NZ model would have cost me about $10k more) the stereo needs a band expander as they have different frequencies, the GPS is in Japanese & keeps searching for somewhere downtown Tokyo LOL.
As with the Blazer, the truck is built in it's country of origin (UK) & the cost of converting the stereo to a UK model which has the same frequencies as us is around $2 1/2k.
The GPS has a disc but in Japanese. Hopefully I can source an English (NZ) copy & get it working. All other system information is available in US English or Japanese.

So now to find a Disco forum!

Old 08-02-2013, 08:05 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

I'm so sorry for your purchase lol!! I had a Disco II and I will never own another for the rest of my life! I would rather own a 100 beat down rusted out S-series before another Disco. Don't get me wrong I loved my Disco it drove amazing, handled great, went anywhere I ever wanted it to but the reliability of them is just crap! I used all top brand parts recommend by all of the "regulars/gurus" on the Rover forums changed the oil religiously with full syn and it still had issues. I'm hoping mine was just a lemon but after 4 years of redilculous payments this is all I have to show for it after it decided to blow a hole in the block with only 99k miles!

I was doing 5omph just driving down the pkwy and with no warning what so ever boom!! I knew what happened before it even finished scattering pieces of the block down the rd. I'm sure yours will be just find and you won't have the issues I did but I am just very bitter towards them lol!
Oh and by the way

Attached Thumbnails Bye bye Blazer I have a few things to say-f2044b79-d87b-4736-a12b-3a1244631bdb-15392-00000bb1939725ea_zps2e9213be.jpg  
Old 08-02-2013, 10:49 PM
BF Veteran

Here it is!

Attached Thumbnails Bye bye Blazer I have a few things to say-p128030031_zps52a63dd8.jpg   Bye bye Blazer I have a few things to say-p118030023_zpsa7c13e48.jpg   Bye bye Blazer I have a few things to say-p138030024_zps098b8177.jpg   Bye bye Blazer I have a few things to say-p148030028_zpsc439bebb.jpg  

Quick Reply: Bye bye Blazer I have a few things to say