Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   General Chat (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/)
-   -   best oil lines (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/best-oil-lines-85696/)

er0ck273 05-07-2014 12:35 PM

best oil lines

my oil cooler lines, and line from the pan to the filter are both leaking (damn 2 crimp turds) besides getting them hydraulically made, is there a set of lines out there that fixed this problem? i saw napa had a set of them, and i know the dorman 2 crimp style would still leak. anyone with any suggestions?

richphotos 05-07-2014 12:58 PM

Nope. they are all the same and will eventually end up leaking unfortunately.

er0ck273 05-07-2014 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by richphotos (Post 626563)
Nope. they are all the same and will eventually end up leaking unfortunately.

damn even the 3 crimp lines wont work? how exactly are hydraulic lines made? and how easy/hard a replacement of these? i saw where the lines went, and the ones back to the pan, idk how the hell you get a ratchet up there, everythings so tight

richphotos 05-07-2014 03:07 PM

i am not sure how the hydraulic lines are made to be honest, I know someone on here would. I just deleted my remote filter all together.

as for getting the lines off the adapter on the block, get about 3 feet of extensions and a swivel socket and snake it along the oil pan to where you need to go.

er0ck273 05-07-2014 03:31 PM

yea i know the dorman's come with a lifetime guarantee. i bet they have millions in storage knowing people that know why they leak arent buying them. what do the modern ones, or i should say ones that don't leak look like haha

Captain Hook 05-07-2014 05:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Lifetime guarantee is great, the problem is having to do the job again, and that sucks! Hydraulic is the only way to go. Hydraulic hose slides onto a compression adapter and it's crimped in a machine. Good for 2000+psi, and they don't leak... ever. Cost is about $30 for each section and worth every penny.

Attachment 31337

er0ck273 05-07-2014 06:15 PM

i know i can get it done at a napa that specializes in making them, my question is my existing lines (metal part) are very rusted, and need to be replaced anyway...would i just get a dorman line and have them replace the crimping points and line? or is that something i do? idk why i find this so confusing lol

cleburne red 05-07-2014 07:03 PM

You could get the dorman parts, and remove the line and crimp, I think that would be fine. The fitting isn't the problem, anyway.

You could probably snag a set from the junkyard, since you're tossing the leaky part. The only problem, is that's another set of lines you have to remove!

Captain Hook 05-07-2014 07:31 PM

The lines are aluminum, they don't rust. If your existing lines have a warranty, exchange them for new ones and install the new hydraulic lines in the new warranteed lines. The modification can be done without removing the old lines, but it's easier to cut the leaky crimp connections off if the line is removed from the vehicle. When installing, both ends of the aluminum lines need to be installed and torqued, then install the hydraulic lines to the aluminum tubes. Make sure you mark the lines before you remove the old crimp connections. If the new lines get crossed, you'll need a new engine ;)

er0ck273 05-07-2014 07:45 PM

im pretty sure mine are from the factory, i could be mistaken because the truck had two owners before me. then again if the factory lines are aluminum as you said, i shouldnt see rust on the lines. its dark now, but if i saw correctly it looked like rust. i just dont understand how this could be a known problem with these lines and not corrected, by anyone especially dorman

i saw a thread on here on how to do it, naturally i cant find it and that search bars useless. when you say getting the lines crossed what do you mean lol