Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   General Chat (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/)
-   -   The Blazer RS is UGLY (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/blazer-rs-ugly-99606/)

wd2112 05-22-2019 09:30 AM

The Blazer RS is UGLY

Saw this video on YouTube that talks about the appearance/price of the new Blazer RS. Thoughts? Make sure you leave a comment on the video if you disagree!

Tom A 05-22-2019 10:07 AM

I wouldn't say it's ugly. It just looks like every other SUV on the road. Not really deserving of the Blazer name, IMO.

LesMyer 05-22-2019 10:44 AM

I wouldn't turn one down, but SUVs are such an overpriced ripoff these days - just like pickups are. Why? Because stupid people will pay the price. I'm still angry with GM for killing the Pontiac after I stuck with them through the horrible turds of the 1980's and after we bailed them out of bankruptcy in 2008. Killing Pontiac did wonders for my resale value.

cleburne red 05-22-2019 12:03 PM

Les, I'm with you! Sucks they axed Pontiac.

Just bought my wife a new-ish car last year. I'm a gm guy for sure, but wanted a mid size a little nicer than a Malibu. Didn't want to pay cadillac price, and we're in our 30s, so Oldsmobile is out lol. Ended up with a loaded Malibu LTZ (which we both really like), but a Pontiac would have fit our criteria quite nicely!

christine_208 05-22-2019 11:02 PM

According to a TV commercial for it, a woman describes it as her "sexy mom car" LOL

I'm too practical for only considering looks. I need my body-on-frame SUV to get me to where I fish, hunt, an take my boat to sail. Now if I could only find BF who thinks that is sexy! LOL

Cimmerian 05-23-2019 07:46 AM

I think it's damned ugly, but I think 99% of the new car aesthetic since the mid 2000s has been.

Bring back angular and boxy, not these eyesore CUVs that all look alike. The new Blazer is like a Camaro and Nissan Murano had a three day bender on Tijuana that resulted in a pregnancy with down syndrome.

LesMyer 05-23-2019 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Cimmerian (Post 709106)
I think it's damned ugly, but I think 99% of the new car aesthetic since the mid 2000s has been.

Bring back angular and boxy, not these eyesore CUVs that all look alike. The new Blazer is like a Camaro and Nissan Murano had a three day bender on Tijuana that resulted in a pregnancy with down syndrome.

You have it nailed!! Cross between a Camaro and a Nissan Murano! I can see it!

Jbgraham212 05-25-2019 02:12 AM

Seriously why name it Blazer

I come from a long line of GM workers and I have a hard time swallowing the fact that they badged this soccermom CUV a Blazer. What a joke its capabilities are seriously limited, no 4X4 option, extremely overpriced and I have yet to find a loyal Blazer lover that would even consider wasting their money on this thing. Why ruin the Iconic Blazer Badging with the New and Improved Equinox? They got it right with the new ZR2 how did they screw this up so badly? It would be a great vehicle under any other name, but Blazer.

RangerG 05-30-2019 11:12 AM

You guys see the new Trailblazer?

I'm going to pretend it's the new Blazer. No idea why they went for Trailblazer for the smaller one and Blazer for the bigger one, flipping the names from the S10 era.

I could actually see them doing the ZR2 treatment to this new Trailblazer too. It's already got flares, wouldn't be a stretch to envision it with the front end from the Colorado ZR2.

Going to be waiting with my breath held. In the market for a new vehicle in the next year or so...

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2...r-photos-info/

Jsaxton 06-16-2019 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Tom A (Post 709054)
I wouldn't say it's ugly. It just looks like every other SUV on the road. Not really deserving of the Blazer name, IMO.

Agreed most definatly. Im a body tech and have workrd on 2 of them. Definatley not my 89 2wd