Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   General Chat (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/)
-   -   Buyer's remorse...... (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/buyers-remorse-97439/)

BlazerSkins 08-01-2018 05:41 PM

Buyer's remorse......

Hi all gonna try and keep this first post short...

New to the forum and recently bought a 2001 blazer 4x4.
A few years back I had another 2001 and I really enjoyed the vehicle although it had it's issues. I ended up selling it pretty cheaply because I didnt want to pay to fix it. (Ended up getting a fairly new used rogue).

The new blazer I got is in really good shape interior and looks like it has been kept up pretty well mechanically as well. The engine light was on and the guy gave me some spiel about oh it's a low fuel pressure code and probably needs a fuelpump soon. I took it with a grain of salt because what the hay, it looks good and runs pretty good maybe a little shimmy in the front and a little rough idle.

Well upon pulling codes I'm afraid that I might be going the whole nine blazer yards with spider, fuel pump, ebcm, vacuum leaks, wheel bewrings, 4x4 dash switch, etc...

Did I make a mistake? Pay out the nose to have it fixed? Save money and try and diagnose and fix myself? Sell it ?(for probably a loss)?

ugh
thanks for reads and replies

GreenBlazer2002 08-01-2018 06:59 PM

That would depend on the depth of your pocket or the width of your mechanical knowledge.
Do you love it? Then do what it takes to make it right.
If not, then cut your losses.
But know that the forum is here in either case. Personally I hope you keep it. I appreciate seeing one in good shape.

christine_208 08-01-2018 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by BlazerSkins (Post 693596)
Hi all gonna try and keep this first post short...

New to the forum and recently bought a 2001 blazer 4x4.
A few years back I had another 2001 and I really enjoyed the vehicle although it had it's issues. I ended up selling it pretty cheaply because I didnt want to pay to fix it. (Ended up getting a fairly new used rogue).

The new blazer I got is in really good shape interior and looks like it has been kept up pretty well mechanically as well. The engine light was on and the guy gave me some spiel about oh it's a low fuel pressure code and probably needs a fuelpump soon. I took it with a grain of salt because what the hay, it looks good and runs pretty good maybe a little shimmy in the front and a little rough idle.

Well upon pulling codes I'm afraid that I might be going the whole nine blazer yards with spider, fuel pump, ebcm, vacuum leaks, wheel bewrings, 4x4 dash switch, etc...

Did I make a mistake? Pay out the nose to have it fixed? Save money and try and diagnose and fix myself? Sell it ?(for probably a loss)?

ugh
thanks for reads and replies

Most of what you listed are not so bad. If it can be driven while you do the repairs so to extend out the time over which the repairs are done, then it might be worth keeping, especially if you can do the work yourself. Doing the fuel pump can be a hassle and so can be the fuel spider. (BTW, if you do fix the fuel injectors, consider also replacing the lower intake manifold (LIM) gaskets while you are at it.) However, even those repairs are well documented on the forum.

Good Luck.

BlazerSkins 08-01-2018 07:22 PM

Supposed the intake gaskets were done, idk why they wouldn't replace the spider while they were in there I guess because of cost...

I'm https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/blazerf...77107aa1a8.jpg

christine_208 08-01-2018 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by BlazerSkins (Post 693604)
Supposed the intake gaskets were done, idk why they wouldn't replace the spider while they were in there I guess because of cost...

I'm https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/blazerf...77107aa1a8.jpg

Clean looking Blazer.

When I did my LIM gaskets, I upgraded to the multi-port FI system

BlazerSkins 08-01-2018 07:47 PM

It runs pretty decent, I dove it 2 hours home when I bought it, but I know it doesn't have the power my old one did so I'm sure it could use the mpfi upgrade. Guy said he replaced the fuel pressure regulator, again, if he WAS in there, idk why he didn't do the upgrade. The orange coolant is gone and looks good. In VA, inspections are rigorous (at least where I am) so I can't have any CEL light at all.

I

christine_208 08-02-2018 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by BlazerSkins (Post 693611)
It runs pretty decent, I dove it 2 hours home when I bought it, but I know it doesn't have the power my old one did so I'm sure it could use the mpfi upgrade. Guy said he replaced the fuel pressure regulator, again, if he WAS in there, idk why he didn't do the upgrade. The orange coolant is gone and looks good. In VA, inspections are rigorous (at least where I am) so I can't have any CEL light at all.

I

If you are up for doing the work yourself, it could be worth keeping then.

Cimmerian 08-02-2018 01:09 AM

If you decide to not keep it, maybe you can make money back parting it out. Better than junking it, I think.

RMBlazernut 08-14-2018 05:37 AM

I look at it this way with my 96. I can put a couple grand in it over time or i can have a car payment for the next 5 years. Yeah not happening on the car payment. Plus if you do the work, you know what you have.

G0LFADD1CT 08-14-2018 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by RMBlazernut (Post 694198)
I look at it this way with my 96. I can put a couple grand in it over time or i can have a car payment for the next 5 years. Yeah not happening on the car payment. Plus if you do the work, you know what you have.

My thoughts exactly!!