Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   General Chat (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/)
-   -   Can anybody confirm? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/can-anybody-confirm-13005/)

99 Blazer 4x4 09-14-2007 05:36 PM

Can anybody confirm?

Somebody told me this morning that they made a special 4.3 L V6 with a factory turbocharger. He thought itcame out in the 80's butdidn't know weather it had actually ever made into a production vehicle. If one exist this could be a new possibility for my truck. It could be cheaper to start with and add on.

swartlkk 09-14-2007 05:43 PM

RE: Can anybody confirm?

Yup, the GMC Typhoon (Turbo 4.3L Jimmy) and the GMC Syclone (Turbo 4.3L S15). There is also a GMC Sonoma GT... Run a google search. You'll find tons of info.

drperry 09-14-2007 05:43 PM

It was early 90s, if I remember right, the Syclone and Typhoon. One was a Blazer/Jimmy and the other was a Sonoma.

Both AWD, ifI remember right, and yeah, both with a turbo 4.3

99 Blazer 4x4 09-14-2007 05:53 PM

Is anybody actually got one in a blazer say 98 up. I wasjust sittin' here thinking it could bekindacool to different than everybody else with a V8.Although costly repairs are getting expencive and I'm going through all my savings for the truck mods to repair the truck. Just my luck. At least now I can get help from you guys which in the two weeks or so I have been a member has probably saved me $300 bucks or more. Thanks

drperry 09-14-2007 06:00 PM

This was in the performance and brainstorming section, under the Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos portion...

99 Blazer 4x4 09-14-2007 06:06 PM

Sorry, I had not looked at that forum yet as I had not really neededit yet.

drperry 09-14-2007 06:12 PM

'ts all good

sometimes, even with the search function, things can be pretty hard to get a hold of, lol.

BLK85 09-15-2007 09:35 AM

ORIGINAL: 99 Blazer 4x4

Is anybody actually got one in a blazer say 98 up. I wasjust sittin' here thinking it could bekindacool to different than everybody else with a V8.Although costly repairs are getting expencive and I'm going through all my savings for the truck mods to repair the truck. Just my luck. At least now I can get help from you guys which in the two weeks or so I have been a member has probably saved me $300 bucks or more. Thanks

I doubt it would that cost effective. The Typhoon/Syclone is kind of a rare truck so that means it costs more. Unless you find one that was wrecked it would cost a lot to get a hold of one. I would just fab up a custom rear mount turbo if I were you. If you want to be different drop a turbo charged LS2 in there. :) jk that would be very expensive.

MindlessCorpse 09-24-2007 08:41 AM

what!!?? only one turbo?? :eek: