General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Issue immediately after towing trailer for first time. Help thanks..

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 01:05 PM
Beginning Member
jdpilot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Issue immediately after towing trailer for first time. Help thanks..

So I installed a hitch last week. Trailer wiing is good as my father uses it with his truck. My truck wiring is good as I have one of those LED tester caps for trail wiring.

Towing yesterday for the first time. No issues. Unhooked the trailer. Went to drive off and two issues

1- Stuck in park. Won't shift out. Tore apart center console. I Can shift if I press the manual small white pitot at the base of the lever. Truck runs fine, shifts through gears fine. Just when I go to "park" it stays and I manually have to release.
2- No directionals/hazards. They make no clicking sound either

Are these items related? A relay perhaps? Does a blown relay prohibit from shifting from park?

Old 02-25-2007, 01:21 PM
Mapoftazifosho is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Issue immediately after towing trailer for first time. Help thanks..

You blew a fuse. IIRC in my truck it is a 25 amp in theengine bay compartment dead center of the box right next to a relay. Check your own book, but this sounds like what happened to me. I thought I had pulled the fuse for my air ride, but I pulled the wrong one and I couldn't release the gear selector out of park. Check that out.

Old 02-25-2007, 02:26 PM
Kordog is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Issue immediately after towing trailer for first time. Help thanks..

Right on the money Mapoftazifosho!! Yeah your wiring could be perfect, but it could still have shorted out while you were unhooking the trailer. If the fuses are all good, we can help further. Korey.