General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Crazy gas gauge

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 06:08 PM
ltown21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Crazy gas gauge

Hey guys, I just got a 2000 Blazer LT and it is in great condition. The interior looks brand new and the body is excellent. Well now back on topic, theres only two problems with it- the gas gauge goes crazy when sitting in park and then stops when its in drive (even while just siting there) and doesn't move too much when I fill the truck up. But what all could possibly be causing this? and about how much will it cost to fix it assuming I do not do the work.
And the rear wiper doesn't work. When I turn it on, it makes a loud grinding noise and doesn't move. Im guessing its broken? I figure that I can fix this myself. Any advice on this? Any help is appreciated!

Old 06-11-2007, 07:51 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Crazy gas gauge

On the rear wiper, this could possibly be due to a loose retention nut on the wiper arm.

For the gas gauge, this is common and is most often caused by a faulty fuel level sending unit in the tank. I think that the fuel gauge can be checked for accuracy with a Tech2 scan tool (dealer). Bad part about it is that the tank will need to be dropped. Good part is that you can now purchase a replacement sending unit from your dealer for ~$40-50. Before you had to replace the whole fuel pump assembly which is in excess of $250.

Old 06-11-2007, 10:53 PM

thanks alot! we are going to see go to our dealer soon so we can get the sending unit fixed.

Old 06-11-2007, 11:35 PM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

I just got my price for ac delco part and it was 130 bucks.

Old 06-12-2007, 05:30 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Your dealer really likes to stick it to you... I was able to get one for my cousins 2001 Blazer a year or so ago for $50+tax. But in looking up that PN, it doesn't show valid any longer... New PN is 19121300 (2dr) - GMPartsdirect.com priced at $72 and PN 19121293 (4dr) - GMPartsdirect.com shows $68. I could get it from the local dealer for around $85/$75 respectively and have it the next day if they didn't have one in stock. But check with your dealer for correct part number and application.

Sorry for the old information.

Old 06-12-2007, 09:23 AM

this is prety good news to me, I figured that this would be a big deal and cost alot. thanks alot!

Old 06-12-2007, 09:53 AM

oh and with the rear wiper, how do i tighten that retention nut?

Old 06-12-2007, 04:56 PM
Administrator

The retention nut should be at the pivot point of the wiper arm. There may be a cap over it that will need to be removed. Attempt to tighten it, but if it seems tight already, then you most likely have something broken in the motor gear case.

*EDIT* - Also, please edit your messages to add information if another member has yet to reply. Double posting is prohibitted by the rules of the forum.