Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   General Chat (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/)
-   -   Found something awesome for the blazer! (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/found-something-awesome-blazer-48087/)

ImScrewed92 08-19-2010 01:30 AM

Found something awesome for the blazer!

Alright, I was flipping through the local "for sale" circular. Looking for everything and nothing. And I came across an ad that plainly said this;

"s10 parts for sale. 2, doors $50 each. 1, passenger front fender $20. 1, 4 inch cowl hood $25."

Yeah, you read that right. Four inch cowl hood FOR $25 DOLLARS!!! :icon_eek: I couldn't believe it. After I calmed down, and slept, (I was reading this after work last night about 3:30 am.) I called the number and got the wife of the guy selling the parts. She was talking to him to make sure she didn't get anything wrong. The hood is in primer and ready for paint. No dents or scratches, and all the parts are off of a 1st gen s10. She said they sold the truck a few years back, and had a seperate truck for parts. The guy bought both vehicles and these were just extra parts the new owner didn't need or didn't want. The hood, fender, and doors are sitting in a walk-in closet wrapped in blankets and she said they are both tired of stubbing toes on them, lol.

I'm going up before work tomarrow and picking the hood and fender up. Not only am I getting the fender I need, since mine is rotting away and has a huge hole in the bottom, I'm getting a 4 inch cowl hood, both for $50. I'm not going to believe it untill I have the parts in the blazer. Plus I have a guy that does painting that owes me $100. So I can probley get it painted for free. Pics tomarrow. :D I'm not gonna be able to sleep, lol.

bigkhans 08-19-2010 01:36 AM

Nice score! Let us know how it works out.

old skool luvr 08-19-2010 01:39 AM

oh yeah, were definately gonna wanna see some pic's tomorrow!

nj4x4blaze 08-19-2010 05:29 AM

:icon_woot:

sgg51688 08-19-2010 08:06 AM

wish i would come across that near me... extremely jealous, nice find

Kamelot314 08-19-2010 11:28 AM

Wow!!!!!!

zedartwo 08-19-2010 01:19 PM

thats sweet. Good find!

RangerG 08-19-2010 02:11 PM

Nice find!!

I'm secretly laying in wait for someone to slip up and sell a second gen cowl hood for cheap. I'll take one for $125, let alone just $25!!

ImScrewed92 08-22-2010 09:46 PM

Sorry, had some issues come up. Life is full of harsh lessons.... I show up to the house. The guys selling it sends his wife out. That was a red flag that this wasnt what I thought it would be. That's like someone selling jewelry and the wife sending the husband out to sell it to a woman. Just seemed odd. Anyways, redflag number 2. It's in the basement, they couldn't even bring it into the light so I could take a good look at it. This thing is frankenstein.

Ok homemade hood. Took a factory hood, cut the center and raised it and curved the front. Then welded a piece of metal on each side to make the cowl. Looked awful TBH. Had a deep scratch with rust in it on the cowl. The back of the cowl had little dents that looks like someone took a hammer to it to straighten it out. The guy told me on the phone, "Nothing wrong with it, primered ready for paint." Then I asked agian, "what were you wanting for it?"

"I think he was wanting $250."....
I said I asked yesterday on the phone if $25 was the right price and you said yes. "We'll I thought you said $250". Then how come your ad says $25? This is what I got. In a casual voice, looked me straight in the eye and said,

"We'll, I guess were gonna have to call em' and get that fixed." No I'm sorry about that, no I didn't know that. I think they listed it like that to get someone out there and then once they are there they might go ahead and buy it anyways since they already drove out there. Not me, I just told her I'm sorry I wasted your time and left. She said something about missing a great oppritunity and "It will still be here if you change your mind." Yeah I figure it's gonna be there for a good long while. :icon_badrazz: I should have known better, but I let my heart get ahead of my mind. Sorry, no pics but just imagine a blind crackhead making a cowl hood and you'll see in your mind the horrid atrosity I saw with my own eyes. So either they called in the ad with a mouth full of peanut butter while a bomb went off in the background, which might explain why everything in the ad was wrong, or they were con artists.

Here's the ad from the paper.
http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/...1282532653.jpg

zedartwo 08-22-2010 09:51 PM

That sucks. I had a feeling in the back of my head that this was too good to be true. But hey! At least it wasn't like an eBay buy or anything and you didn't actually get haggled.