General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Headlights suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2020, 08:40 AM
Beginning Member
Maudh Alraggad is on a distinguished road
Default Headlights suggestions

Got a 95 blazer only thing I don’t like is the older style headlights any suggestions on upgrades?

Old 11-13-2020, 01:41 PM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

Alot people do the later 2nd gen front end swap. For your year, you will need to change the rad support, but it's an easy swap. You can also use the gmc front end if you prefer that look.

the wifes sonoma used to have the gmc front end, the kid smacked into a charger, so had to rebuild, so I swapped it to a blazer. Can check it out on the build thread.

Old 11-14-2020, 10:15 AM
blazen_red_4x4 will become famous soon enough

Tell you're neighbor it's dangerous to run a compact spare on the front

And yeah a newer front end swap is the best option, if you're able to do all the work yourself. Makes the Blazer overall look much newer in my opinion.

Old 11-17-2020, 10:00 AM
jimspahr@msn.com is on a distinguished road

Is the concern with the 1st Gen head lights is that they are yellowed and therefore dim? Or is it the style of the 1st Gen that you don't like? If you go to 1A Auto on line, you can see several headlight styles for you to consider without changing to a 2nd Gen sheet metal style. I have a 2nd Gen and went to a 2nd Gen headlight assy because it was yellowed. It is much brighter and the assy was only $40.00 per side. That price included the new 9005 and 9006 bulbs. For more options , you can get the parking lights included.

Old 11-18-2020, 09:22 AM
jimspahr@msn.com is on a distinguished road

Here is a link to the 1A Auto site for the headlight assemblies for your SUV. These are a bargain and I am impressed with the stock look /with ridges/ head lights and how much more light comes through. Mine were yellowed by the UV rays. I want you to take a look at the various styles 1A Auto offers to see if that is what you had in mind. Look at the different styles that they offer. You can get just the head light assy's or the H/L with the parking lights, or the H/L, parking lights,and a grill. BTW these are the people who offer a library of DIY video's on how to install them whether you buy from them or not.
I want to give you a hint: make sure the two tabs on the back of the H/L assembly are both inserted properly into the slots on the metal support. !!!!

https://www.1aauto.com/Chevrolet-Bla..._content=Email