Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   General Chat (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/)
-   -   Homemade snorkels legal in NY? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/homemade-snorkels-legal-ny-61812/)

CraigSnedeker 08-05-2011 10:26 AM

Homemade snorkels legal in NY?

Does anyone know if homemade snorkels are legal in NY?

My friend is having problems getting his truck inspected in PA with one.

xgiovannix12 08-05-2011 11:55 AM

I never heard of any 1 having problems

Nepa 08-05-2011 02:56 PM

This is because PA is the a-hole of the world

CraigSnedeker 08-05-2011 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Nepa (Post 450803)
This is because PA is the a-hole of the world

lol :icon_shrug:

mudwagon01 08-05-2011 10:20 PM

Yea it is, I'm the one having problems lol. A local garage won't pass it for the simple fact, its not the $500 custom order kit from safari snorkel and that its home made. They feel that because its home made its not "safe", idk what they mean by not safe but ok. They told me its not directly illegal just good luck getting somewhere that will pass it.

TheRandom1 08-05-2011 10:34 PM

Seems to me they're d***ing you around... if it's not "directly illegal" then it's legal I thought? To me, if the law states that ONLY those custom kits are legal, then yes, yours would be illegal, but I doubt that would happen, as then they are limiting anybody else from making them.

I'd find out what the law directly states, and go back to the garage, tell them to stuff it, and go elsewhere with that paper. Then if they try to give you the same crap, show them the paper showing that snorkels aren't illegal, and get them to pass it.

Or put a stock intake back on until the inspection is done?

mudwagon01 08-05-2011 11:07 PM

I no longer have my stock intake and then they would fail me for having a hole in one of my body panels. I'm going to see if I can find another garage that would allow me to pas with it before removing it and patching up the hole, because once I take it off its staying off. No need to repeat for next year.

xgiovannix12 08-05-2011 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by mudwagon01 (Post 450910)
I no longer have my stock intake and then they would fail me for having a hole in one of my body panels. I'm going to see if I can find another garage that would allow me to pas with it before removing it and patching up the hole, because once I take it off its staying off. No need to repeat for next year.

I think its stupid that you need to remove it . Hey do me a favor before you remove it call your local dmv and see if its illegal to have a snorkel .

Plus hes not the only mechanic that gives inspections but still call your local dmv

CraigSnedeker 08-06-2011 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by mudwagon01 (Post 450910)

Does Riverside Repairs do inspections? If they do, I'd go there.

xgiovannix12 08-06-2011 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by CraigSnedeker (Post 450976)
Does Riverside Repairs do inspections? If they do, I'd go there.

i still think calling the local dmv would save a trip he can also get proof and bring it to that other dumbo that wont pass the truck and shove it in his face