General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

How long have you had and how much have you put into your blazer?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2017, 07:22 PM
Beginning Member
stuntz is on a distinguished road
Default Family Owned Day 1 96 Blazer 21 years 99600 Miles

I have a 1996 Green (not for long) LS 2wD Blazer with 99.6K miles. My family has had this Blazer as an Auxiliary vehicle in Michigan than Flordia Than me in North Carolina. In the past 10 years it has had less than 20k miles. It sat in Michigan and was only used occasionally. Then it was moved to Florida where my family used it in the winter when they visited for a month. Then after my dad passed i took it i have always had a company truck so never needed it. Since i have had it the last 5 years i have driven it about 1500 miles. only to go camping and that was mostly the last 2 years. This is my goal to make this into a great truck. it is 2 wheel drive and a lot of rust on the bottom but over all it is still holding up well. I am currently repainting everything and have already done the trim inside. I joined this forum almost 4 plus years ago so i could fix the brake line. I am looking to make this a great vehicle and i have all the tools to do so. I am so close. Look forward to reaching 200k in this thing.

Old 03-31-2017, 07:31 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

It's always good to hear about it staying in the family and worked on instead of tossed away just because some rust. Looking forward to seeing the lady.

Old 04-09-2017, 01:16 PM
CaRParts102 is on a distinguished road
Default Blaze

I have had this 2004 ZR2 Blazer for a couple months.. It had front end damage so I rebuilt it... I will have about 1300 in the Blazer and it is worth 4500... It has 42000 miles on the clock

Old 04-09-2017, 05:13 PM
Starting Member
Graveyard is on a distinguished road

I've had mine about a year and a half...I think.
During the week I test drove it I repaired some of the vacuum lines, changed a few fuses and had to get a jump from a wrecker when the battery died...lol.
The previous owner put a new battery on it and I bought it anyway.
Now for the parts...
the 4 wheel drive switch in the dash plus the rest of the vacuum lines where repaired.
That fixed the 4 wheel drive, the ac/def vent positions and the fuses fixed the courtesy lights, horn and rear hatch.
gator belt
new radiator with the lower bumpers
new headlight bulbs
remote oil filter lines
upper/lower hoses
water pump
lower intake manifold gasket set (the good set)
spider fuel injector
upper delphi plenum
ac fuel pump
fuel filter
fuel tank vent assembly
new fuel line locks
coolant temp sensor
pcv elbow, line and valve
ac rotor cap and rotor
ignition coil
Iridium spark plugs
front brake rotors
both heater hoses
water thermostat
brake booster
catalytic converter
lower ball joints (moog)
both electric exterior mirrors
currently waiting on a couple new Fosgate Rockford speakers
for the front doors.
That's all I can think of for now, probably a few more things
Later

Old 04-10-2017, 07:40 AM
Starting Member
Cam1998 is on a distinguished road
Default 1998 GMC Jimmy

I paid $400 for my Jimmy 2 months ago. I started with up all new tune up plugs wires cap map sensor MAF sensor EGR valve.Filters,.... And I'm just getting started

Old 04-22-2017, 08:28 PM
Fozzy is on a distinguished road

My oldest son bought the blazer in 06 or 07.. When he deployed to Iraq, he left it for his younger brother's use.. Well, he never returned so the younger son had it for a few years.. beating the snot out of the poor thing.. then it was handed down to my daughter.. who also through neglect / what people do to cars.. also beat the crap out of it.. I went and took posession of it again a couple of weeks ago. had to put a radiator in it to get it home.. its going to be a long road getting it back into some sort of shape.. I feel sorry for the thing. Water pump was today, next will be an O2 sensor.. and to rebuild most of the steering system.

Old 04-22-2017, 11:55 PM
Benp is on a distinguished road

Bought my 95 4x4 about a year ago at a car Auction, didn't even see it in the lot before they pulled it in for the bidding. Nobody was bidding on it so I bid on it at $425 and took it. Walked outside to check it out after winning the vehicle, it looked impossibly nice inside, started right up first try... I was extremely excited. About 3 hours later I drove it home, parked it, and noticed a pretty nice stream of coolant running out of the bottom of the engine somewhere. Same day, ripped the engine apart, noticed about half of the headgasket missing on the drivers side. So here's the new parts list.

Headgaskets
Valve cover gaskets
Fuel pressure regulator
Central port injection assembly
Used ECU
Distributor
Ignition coil
Alternator
Idler pulley
Belt tensioner
Plugs
Plug wires
Fuel pump
Front pads
Front rotors

I'm sure I'm missing a couple things right now that I can't think of,but, I'm into this thing about $1,200 now... So it better last! Haha

Old 04-26-2017, 07:21 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by DonL
got ours in august of 2015. it had 182000km on it. now its got 243000km on it.

1999 chevy blaZer 4 door lt 4x4

what ive gotten into it:

transmission service
4 ball joints
pitman arm
e brake pedal assembly
driver side front door(window motor went, cheaper to buy door and paint it)
passenger side wheel hub
front and rear shock absorbers
s10 off set rims with goodyear wrangler duratrac 235/75/15
muffler
brush guard
rear tail light covers
nerf 3" side steps (to be installed)
front and rear window rain deflectors
front bug deflector.

regular maintenance oil changes, new air filters and just got sparkplugs and wires.

whats left to go in:

door and dash speakers
stereo+sub+amp
hd headlights and smoked front turn signals
roof rack
ZR2 rear tire carrier
2" body lift

i read someone looking into adding the zr2 gas tank on to their blazer, or switching them around as the zr2 is bigger. im thinking myself as to adding it, having the second gas tank, as me and the wife like to take road trips just to drive and see the scenery, would be ideal for the long hauls.
since, ive done:

the zr2 tire carrier, rear driveshaft/u-joint/yoke, front speakers and took out the stock cd player and put a usb/sd/aux/radio in, fuel pump, driver and passenger(2nd time) hubs.

Old 09-09-2017, 02:13 PM
NoDak Railroader is on a distinguished road

2004 Blazer 4x4 4dr.

Bought in or about April of 2015. Vehicle was apparently out of Illinois but bought in Texas.
A lot of this work was done just because I wanted it replaced because it looked like it needed it.
Some was done because I have certain standards when it comes to vehicles that haul my family around. Like Brakes and Tires.

Replaced Chassis and Suspension:
Headlights (composite units and bulbs)
Front Brake Pads,
Front Rotors
Axle Shafts
Front Shocks
Idler Arm
Pitman Arm
Rear U-Joint at Diff
Rear Rotors
Rear Pads
Rear Shocks
Tires All Around, twice. (2nd time due to a blow out and loss of trust in 1st set)

Engine:
Water Pump
Radiator Hoses
Heater Hoses and bypass
Serpentine Belt

(work done due to dual P0171 and P0174 codes)
Plenum and gaskets
Intake gaskets
MAP
MAF
Various other sensors

Interior:
Installed Sony CD deck with dual USB ports and Sirius Satellite enabled.

CURRENTLY REPLACING
Radiator with a 100% aluminum unit
Aux. Transmission Cooler
Dual electric Hayden Radiator fans and removal of stock fan and clutch
Painless Wiring 30116 Dual Fan/Dual Activation wiring with temp sensor
Coolant heater installed in Lower Radiator Hose at water pump

FUTURE:
Front Brush Guard/Grille Guard with Dual KC Daylighters (100W or possibly 130W, wired to high beam system for night time highway use)
Passenger door hinge replacement
Misc. Body work due to rust issues.

Last edited by NoDak Railroader; 09-09-2017 at 02:20 PM.
Old 09-19-2017, 07:21 AM
Justanotherguy is on a distinguished road
Default 5 days in and I'm a happy camper

so far i have been lucky. The parts I've had to buy have been dirt cheap! Got to love that about these 1gen s10 blazers! All in all more time then money spent tracking down and fixing minor issues and less then $100.00 in parts :-)

Quick Reply: How long have you had and how much have you put into your blazer?