General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

How much

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 10:08 PM
bigal04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How much

how much should i look to spend for a good bag system. what should i look for also. i am new to the airride thing.

Old 10-19-2007, 10:09 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: How much

new to airride well then welcome so your lookin at getting your first airride system all brand new you will be looking in the ball park of 1500-2000 thats unless you hit up craigslist or ebay were are you located at and what is you vehicle

Old 10-20-2007, 09:45 PM
bigal04 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am located in birmingham, alabama. My vehicle is a 96 jimmy 2wd 4dr.

Old 10-20-2007, 09:51 PM
BF Veteran

ok bigal04 a good bag system is going to add up quickly depending on what you want to do, if your bagging it your probably going to drag it right? so as far as the the front goes well i have a tech article i did on how to bag a blazer i will find it and send a link to you for it as pricing goes aim has uppers, lowers (control arms tubed) drop spindles and bags with steel fittings all bolt in for 750.00 the rear is up to you how you want to do that but i suggest 2 2500 bags and counterleavering it for best ride so check out aim industries/ chassis tech for prices they are the cheapest fbi and everyone else charges kinda much. ok i found my post here is the link to it
https://blazerforum.com/m_100806/mpa.../tm.htm#100806
any other questions just ask

Old 10-22-2007, 02:28 AM
blazin97 is on a distinguished road

ORIGINAL: thegr81

ok bigal04 a good bag system is going to add up quickly depending on what you want to do, if your bagging it your probably going to drag it right? so as far as the the front goes well i have a tech article i did on how to bag a blazer i will find it and send a link to you for it as pricing goes aim has uppers, lowers (control arms tubed) drop spindles and bags with steel fittings all bolt in for 750.00 the rear is up to you how you want to do that but i suggest 2 2500 bags and counterleavering it for best ride so check out aim industries/ chassis tech for prices they are the cheapest fbi and everyone else charges kinda much. ok i found my post here is the link to it
https://blazerforum.com/m_100806/mpa.../tm.htm#100806
any other questions just ask
I wouldnt go with aim their stuff is crap

Old 10-22-2007, 02:59 AM
BF Veteran

aim stuff aint crap all the vehicles i built with my buddy haven't had one problem with aim's products and all of them are still on the road from the first vehicle which was an s-10 all aim parts it was built 4 yrs ago and might i add within 24 hrs so if you had a problem with there stuff maybe its the installer don't know no problems or complaints plus its cheaper and still last a long time if you had a problem with there stuff what was it and what happened

Old 10-22-2007, 06:31 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Look into Slam Specialties for airbagsyou will not regret it. Also check out the guys from Suicide Doors also, they will hook you up with almost everything you need. If you ever call Suicide Doors ask for Dave he'sa great guys and he's from NJ. Whatever you do, never ever go cheap when purchasing a air ride kit. You will get what you paid for. As for AIM products, I have heard nothing but horror stories about their products and all my friends that had AIM products are switching to Slam products.

Old 10-22-2007, 06:38 AM
BF Veteran

nj4x4blaze yea slams are nice but they require alot of maintainance if the rubber around the top and bottom plates since they are pressed together if that rubber isn't kept moist then they crack and blow out im not ******* them i like them there just a pain sometimes another thing suicidedoors is outrageous on there prices good quality but expensive bottom line go with what you can afford then upgrade as you go along because if its your first airride setup then if you go cheap at first to get used to the feel and basically just get used to it in general then after get the more expensive stuff that way you know what your doing by then and understand air better then you wont break stuff with the expensive stuff besides how many rich minitruckers are there cmon now rich and minitrucking doesn't go together lol [8D]

Old 10-22-2007, 07:08 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Hmmm lets see go cheap and upgrade later sounds like just throwing money away. Makesmore sense if you are going to pour your hard earned money into a air ride system, do it right the first time. It's better to save your $$$ and buy quality products versus being in a rush and purchase cheap junk just to say you have air ride.Thenwhen something breaks you make a new post talking about how bad a product is and how you wished you saved the extra cash to do it right the first time. Then you'll get pages of posts from people saying you should of went with a certain product the first time. Yes Suicide Doors is exspensive but look at their quality and customer service. You will never hear someone talking bad about their products. You dont need to be a "rich minitrucker" to have a good set up. Just take your time and save up your money for a reallygood set up. IMO just do it right the first time, you will not regret it later unless you like throwing money away. [sm=teetertooter.gif]

Bigal04, just search other forums on different air ride systems and read what people say about their products. That way you can pick out the right system and base your budget around that. Please never pick "cheap" over quality and safety. No fun blowing a bagor something breakingwhen drving on the highway.

Old 10-22-2007, 07:16 AM
BF Veteran

i get your point on the whole save up part im not saying not to save up but i have had to redo alot of air ride suspensions for first timmers that just beat the crap outta there set ups and don't know how to take care of it thats the only reason i say go cheap first cause if a first timmer goes expensive first time and breaks something it costs more to replace than the cheaper stuff plus auttoman and conitech's aren't that bad at all it just depends really and solely on what he wants to do with his setup if he wants simple no hopping no nitrogen just compressors tank bags just a simple setup and isn't going to crazy with it yea then i say go expensive just means you wont try anything dumb really i just want to sum up the fact that over the years i have spent building vehicles off of aim products i haven't had any problems with there stuff the other guys stuff no problems either i have had to redo alot of other peoples work with setups primarily based upon the fact you have a guy that beats on his with nitrogen when it isn't meant for it the way its installed. bottom line it just comes down to the install and how its treated if you take care of it it will take care of you

Quick Reply: How much