Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   General Chat (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/)
-   -   I found out why my heat sucked (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/i-found-out-why-my-heat-sucked-15481/)

95_4door 12-18-2007 05:43 PM

I found out why my heat sucked

I have had my blazer for a few months now, and it is getting cold here.I haven't had real good heat since I got it. I decided to do a coolant flush and change the thermostat. Whoever changed the thermostat before tried to reuse the old seal and put a ton of gasket sealer on it. Not only that, but they put the thermostat in backwards. My heat now works great.
Just thought it was amusing when I ripped it apart.

BLK85 12-18-2007 05:56 PM

RE: I found out why my heat sucked

Mine sucks too, well mostly the heat towards my feet. I just live with it.

mikeymo67 12-18-2007 06:35 PM

Mine gets so hot I can barely stand it. Once it's warmed up I just keep it on "1" and in between warm and cool.

blznlowxtreme 12-18-2007 06:38 PM

last winter my heater core went out and i had no heat so i replaced it but not the thermostat. that was kinda stupid but now i need a thermostat, my heater still works but it starts to get cold if i stop at a redlight or just start it to let it warm up
my dad had the same thing happen to him, his motor blew and he bought another one and had them change the water pump, thermostat & plugs and wires when they put in, well they put the thermostat in backwards and routed the belt so that the water pump was spinning backwards also

FirehawkNS 12-19-2007 07:31 AM

ORIGINAL: 95_4door

I have had my blazer for a few months now, and it is getting cold here.I haven't had real good heat since I got it. I decided to do a coolant flush and change the thermostat. Whoever changed the thermostat before tried to reuse the old seal and put a ton of gasket sealer on it. Not only that, but they put the thermostat in backwards. My heat now works great.
Just thought it was amusing when I ripped it apart.

:DThat's awesome! lol

quinnman105 12-19-2007 09:23 AM

My blazer is the same way. It gets so hot I can barely stand it. Once it's warmed up I just keep it on "1" and in between warm and cool.

cain45 12-19-2007 12:34 PM

Mine is the same with the heat....it will cook you out of the cabin.

quinnman105 12-19-2007 12:36 PM

Yes that is very true.

blznlowxtreme 12-19-2007 06:09 PM

ORIGINAL: quinnman105

My blazer is the same way. It gets so hot I can barely stand it. Once it's warmed up I just keep it on "1" and in between warm and cool.
mine is the same way as long as im driving

RCars2 12-20-2007 02:23 PM

Last year my heat was the same as yours blznlow and i changed the t-stat and it works like a champ.....well till just last week when the heater core blew (thegr81 and i worked on that all day yesterday and we managed to get the new core in and bolt the blower motor back in place before we gave up on it for the night).