General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

I freakin hate you blazer!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 04:13 PM
Starting Member
DaddysBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point

This is funny this thread was at the top of the list when i got home today. And at lunch my idler pully and my serpentine belt both decided to take a crap today yet a nother $45. But not a single thought of getting rid of her.

Old 10-06-2011, 04:35 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Yup, there are some things I don't like about mine but overall, it's a great vehicle. There was a real bad thunderstorm with tornados in the area during the spring and my Blazer got a lot of hail dents (already had quite a few) and the ins. co told me the damage was enough to total my Blazer. I thought long and hard about trading it in but I don't feel like taking on a car payment at this point and I couldn't find anything equivalent to it (as far as age and mileage) that I thought was worth taking the risk on. I ended up taking less money than they initially offered and kept my Blazer.

I ended up spending most of the money over the last couple months on repairs so it should be good to go for quite a while.

DaddysBlazer, I've had my idler pulley lock up twice in the seven years I've owned it. I keep a spare belt in the back in case it bearings fall apart and it tears another one apart

Old 10-06-2011, 04:43 PM
Mike98Blazer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by pettyfog
But seriously, would any of you guys recommend the Blazer to a friend who's living on the budget edge and needs it for the family car? If you do you should be ashamed.
My family must hate me. My stepdad told me to sell my truck so he could give it to me.... Now it's my only vehicle....

Old 10-06-2011, 09:10 PM
Starting Member
shotnva777 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by red06sc
so far so good with mine, just hit 108k, just that tickin noise at start up o_0
Add an 8 inch lift, 15x35x12.50's and join my world!!! That's great that so far so good, but it's a WORLD of difference once you start tinkering with things in ways I have! My G-ma has a 2003 Trailblazer with nearly 140k on her, mostly highway miles of course (she drove it to Cali and back from VA - TWICE!) And I swear on EVERYTHING she hasn't had to replace a THING on this truck - NOTHING!!! Other than tires, oil changes, lights and simple things like that.... but her Blaze runs just the same as it did off the showroom floor! I'm hoping to get it one day when she buys a new vehicle ! I want to drop a 350 in my current Blazer and use it as a play toy instead of my daily...

The Blazer is a SOLID truck, I wouldn't trade it for the world! (ok... well MAYBE the world... ) But they're far from crap... have you noticed that its mostly CERTAIN parts that go on these things? There was just some bad engineering in certain parts of this motor and assembly. I believe a lot of the problem areas were solved somewhere after 2000, could be wrong though! I think overall the 4.3 is a SOLID, SOLID motor, I mean it's a 350 missing two pistons people!!! "COME ON MAAAAN!"

My Dad asked me the other day... "why don't you just sell the damn thing and get a stock truck and not a Blazer?? You've put SO MUCH money into it!!" My exact response was, "Dad, drive it for a couple days. Drive it for a couple months matter fact. When something breaks and you HAVE to fix it... you'll know why I keep it after fixing the problem and getting back on the road." He looked at me like I was stupid and that was the END of the convo. I guess what I was saying is, you fall in love with it... for some reason unknown to man, it's absolute LOVE! There's satisfaction in fixing something correctly that you love and then once again enjoying the hell out of driving it!

Once you're in love, that's it! If your kid got ill and it took time, money, work and effort to get he or she back well.... you'd do it! Same thing with my Blazer, she's my baby and their ain't NO looking back!

Do you see Mustang, Camaro owners who have dropped all of this money into there vehicles (for the strip) selling it after a few things break here and there? NO! They're in the driveway, wrenching away at something JUST LIKE US. Spit happens, just try to keep your mouth closed!

That being said, I thought about it.... I WOULD trade it for a 2003+ Blazer SS!!!!

Old 10-06-2011, 09:24 PM
Starting Member
DaddysBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point

DaddysBlazer, I've had my idler pulley lock up twice in the seven years I've owned it. I keep a spare belt in the back in case it bearings fall apart and it tears another one apart

Old 10-06-2011, 10:33 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by DaddysBlazer

Old 10-06-2011, 11:31 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

ive noticed since i been working on cars full time, almost every s10 that comes into the shop has just been a total turd. and usually not even there to be fixed properly. front end could need everything you can think of but owner doesnt want to spend no money on it cause its just a work truck or whatever. but gonna get the a/c filled lol. i still like them though. ive owned like 5-6 so far and would get another

Old 10-07-2011, 12:05 AM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

mine has treated me pretty good thus far

Old 10-08-2011, 07:47 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by Brian_D
mine has treated me pretty good thus far
Again.... 15x35x12.50's and 8" lift! lol try it!

Old 10-11-2011, 05:23 PM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Slight variation on the topic.. and not about Blazers.. rather the 'connection made' with a certain car and why it persists despite all the logic you throw at it.
- This is better thread for it than 'You know you love your blazer, when____'
At least I think so.
First.. the Love the Beast movie trailer
Love the Beast Trailer - YouTube

Then the subject does a full interview with Clarkson
Love The Beast - The Full & Uncut Jeremy Clarkson Interview Part 1 - YouTube

Love The Beast - The Full & Uncut Jeremy Clarkson Interview Part 2 - YouTube

I havent made that connection with Blazers per se.. but I guess I could.
I do have it with my TBirds.
- which btw dont have leaf springs.

Quick Reply: I freakin hate you blazer!!!!