Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   General Chat (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/)
-   -   I told him so HEE HEE I was right HEE HEE (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/i-told-him-so-hee-hee-i-right-hee-hee-73731/)

Melrock83 09-13-2012 02:38 PM

I told him so HEE HEE I was right HEE HEE

So my ol man owns a 2001 Blazer 5 spd 2dr rwd and had to replace the fuel pump back in May. Ran great for 2-3 wks then would intermittently not start, first time we were out of state and NOT HAPPY! lol but I told him not to order a junk pump to get a good one cause the Blazers are picky. DIDNT LISTEN TO ME THOUGH. So after MANY times of redoing wires, especially ground wire and MANY times of dropping the tank to check the pump/wires it still did it. The only thing that improved was the time it took him to do the process LMAO SOOOO after it quit while I was driving of course it wouldnt start for days and IF it did wouldnt run long. And so it sat for over a month cause he said it wasnt the pump like I kept tellin him, he finally got upset when I would tell him so I shut up LMAO BUT he told me the other day he was gonna get another pump so I volunteered to have my buddy get it SO IT WAS THE GOOD ONE he shoulda got to start with. Lets just say, it took him 20 mins start to finish putting the new pump in and OMG can u believe its started and ran fine since?! ROFL so yep...I TOLD HIM SO and he woulda saved 4 MONTHS OF BS if he woulda listened to ME LMAO HEE HEE HEE yep, PROUD MOMENT IT WAS! :icon_laugh:

Melrock83 09-13-2012 02:39 PM

O did I mention.....I TOLD HIM SO ROFL

rexmburns 09-13-2012 02:43 PM

Haha you sound like my wife!

Melrock83 09-13-2012 03:14 PM

In that case I will assume ur wife is freakin AWESUMMMMM LOL

user 1016 09-13-2012 04:35 PM

Hmm.....I have a junk pump and it's still going strong....30,000 on it....so, maybe he just got the wrong pump.

Thogert 09-13-2012 05:33 PM

I'm not going to jinx my junk pump by saying it's been about 10 months since I put it in (and I've been running it on less than half a tank the whole time). I think it just depends on the individual pump.

Melrock83 09-13-2012 07:11 PM

It was the correct pump otherwise it wouldnt have ran fine for a while before the issue started. But I told him all along, based on what the blazer was doing, that I thought the pump may just have a short in it since it worked when it wanted to. He just got ahold of a poorly assembled pump I think. But maybe in the future when I keep telling him the same thing he will take it into consideration. Or I will just keep getting to say now and then "I told him so" LMAO

abig84 09-13-2012 07:29 PM

im all about being a cheapo too but the fuel pump or any other vehicle part that takes you hours to get you normally dont want to skimp on.

Steve-o 09-13-2012 07:49 PM

o i dont think you noticed but i think YOU TOLD HIM :P lol.

xgiovannix12 09-13-2012 08:40 PM

You so told him . :icon_fryingpan: