Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   General Chat (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/)
-   -   Just asking, 2nd gen Blazer with G80 rear, (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/just-asking-2nd-gen-blazer-g80-rear-96373/)

vetteandblazerman 02-24-2018 12:16 PM

Just asking, 2nd gen Blazer with G80 rear,

vs Jeep Quadra-Drive 2.

Both available in vehicles built in 2005.

Discuss.

Pros, cons, cost, etc.......

I'm sure the powers that be will NOT be happy with this comparison.

May even result in a ban.

So be it.

Truth hurts.

swartlkk 02-24-2018 12:47 PM

*Moving to General Chat*

So what exactly are we supposed to be comparing here? A full vehicle model line that started production in '95 with a drive system that came into production in '05? Or was your intention to compare the 2nd gen S-series platform with the WK platform that came out in '05? Either way it's apples and oranges.

Why are you even here anymore if you despise the S-series platform so much?

vetteandblazerman 02-24-2018 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by swartlkk (Post 687193)
*Moving to General Chat*

So what exactly are we supposed to be comparing here? A full vehicle model line that started production in '95 with a drive system that came into production in '05? Or was your intention to compare the 2nd gen S-series platform with the WK platform that came out in '05? Either way it's apples and oranges.

Why are you even here anymore if you despise the S-series platform so much?

Second time the word "despise" has been aimed at me regarding my view on 2nd gen Blazers.

As i said before, i have owned my Blazer for almost 10 years.

If i "despised" it, why would i have keep it for so long????????

Why can you, and others, not realise that there are vehicles that perform better in their intended use than GM designed vehicles?

Ford vs Chevy, hell i have owned both, some performed better than the other.

Ok, the 2nd Gen Blazer is THE best performing off road 4 WD vehicle in the the world, EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Better?

swartlkk 02-24-2018 01:37 PM

There you go hanging on one line again.

Calling them "GM Junk" could be what gives the rest of us the impression that you despise them... On numerous occasions recently, you have expressed your displeasure over the platform like it owes you something for your troubles. And even though it has been stated that you "despise" by others, you have done nothing to refute that other than to say you still have it or you're a "realist"... :icon_screwy:

You keep saying that we all think they are the best thing ever, yet your view is only in your head. Many of us know there are other things that can do X or Y better, but they have what they have and take pride in it.

I could discuss deeper into this, but I don't feel like wasting any more of my time with you.

Get over it and move on like a normal person. Or don't and continue to act like a child.

vetteandblazerman 02-24-2018 02:23 PM

[QUOTE=swartlkk;687195]
You keep saying that we all think they are the best thing ever./QUOTE]

Please quote where i EVER said that.

I think it is just best that we agree to disagree and leave it at that.

All the best with YOUR forum.

I hope i can come back in the future if i have a problem with my Blazer, or, i can contribute to said forum.

christine_208 02-24-2018 11:43 PM

I'm sure, depending on one's criteria, there are "better" 4wd small to mid-sized SUVs but for my budget when I needed an SUV, my 1999 Lt Blazer is what I ended up with and it has served my needs pretty well. Having had it for going on 10 years, there is a certain premium to me for knowing how to fix it and knowing its maintenance history. Now if I could afford it I'd seriously look at getting a 4Runner but that is not an option for at least 5 years.

We've had similar discussion in my other world of trailerable sailboats. There will never be one perfect boat, only the one with the the capabilities you personally need at the price you can afford. (Price will include the build quality factor.)

For instance, I turned down a very good "friend" price for a Montgomery 17, a VERY highly regarded boat and one that only on a good day can keep up with my Sparrow 16. However, for the price differential of $7,000 I realized I could do a lot with that money for the small improvement in performance and a bit more interior space. The M-17 is actually harder to rig so I am still ahead on that.

In short, "If you can't be with the one you love, Love the one you're with." :icon_wub::icon_flowers:

El_Beautor 02-27-2018 08:27 AM

It's funny but I've never viewed Jeeps as a daily driver. I know many many people use them as such, but for some reason in my head they've always been more of a mod-able toy. One that I've not been able to afford.

The S-series trucks on the other hand, I've been in love with since I was 16. I'm driving my second S-series truck at the moment, and I love it. It's far from perfect but I really enjoy having a small truck that can take me wherever I want to go off-road, and it will still fit into small parking spots in the city where I work. I know them inside and out and know how to get the best out of it. That's what makes me happy with my Sonoma.

blazen_red_4x4 02-27-2018 10:26 PM

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/blazerf...480072b703.gif

vetteandblazerman 03-01-2018 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by blazen_red_4x4 (Post 687298)

Just a thought, maybe you could address the point raised in the OP, I.E. 2nd Gen Blazer 4WD capabilities, versus Jeep Quadra Drive 2 instead of munching on that huge bucket of popcorn.

Maybe, or maybe not.

DonL 03-02-2018 08:59 PM

I think one buys a blazer because THEY feel comfortable with its looks and performance. I know I bought mind because of smooth curves, small size and spacious on the inside. Performance, he'll that's modifiable with any vehicle so who cares... I know plenty of Ford's that got so much better because someone decided to use Chevy parts... I get the feel for a debate, but isn't there other places for theme?