Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   General Chat (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/)
-   -   looking for opinions/ Help advice.. (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/looking-opinions-help-advice-96875/)

420Blazin4X4 05-08-2018 01:35 PM

looking for opinions/ Help advice..

Saturday night I put gas in my Blazer drove it 5 minutes and parked ..After 20 minutes I started it up and attempted to go home. I started up a small hill. I got halfway up and the truck started sputtering and acting as if it were out of gas. It then shut down. Had to back it down the hill and parked it. I tried starting it numerous times and it would start up but then in seconds started sputtering and shutting down again. Someone told me it may be bad gas. So I put a bottle of HEET into the tank and after several attempts the truck would start and continue in idle mode for up to a minute before shutting down still.. After 2 hours I had it towed home. Then on Sunday I was able to get it started and to idle..I left it idling for 2 hours then tried to give it gas. The first few attempts to give it gas it sputtered then almost shut down. I was able to get it to take gas without sputtering. As soon as I put it in drive and slowly rolled forward it sputtered bad and was about to shut down. I put it in reverse as soon as I gave it gas it shut down..
Does anyone have an idea on what this may be. Is this actually bad gas possibly or is this fuel pump or fuel filter related. Not in a situation at the moment I can have it towed to a shop and pay a ton to have it fixed so kinda have to see if I can get it figured out and do a D.I.Y on it.
Any info and knowledge I cvan get on it I figured I would get the best here on the forum..I appreciate any help/Info anyone can give me in hopes to getting my truck fixed ..Sucks not having a vehicle..
Thanks so much guys.

christine_208 05-09-2018 01:44 AM

You could probably borrow a fuel pressure tester from an auto parts store to determine if the fuel pump is bad or not. There several threads on how this is done and the pressure the pump and system should sustain.

rockp2 05-11-2018 01:57 PM

The link in my signature block will take you to the thread Christine is referring to. Follow Captain Hook's directions. In the meantime, disconnect the MAF sensor and see if that makes a difference. Another possibility is a clogged cat/exhaust. Run through the fuel pressure test and let us know the results.

error_401 05-12-2018 03:18 AM

Just 2cents...

... diesel maybe?

420Blazin4X4 05-14-2018 12:52 PM

thanks guys will get a fuel pressure tester and see what happens with it from there..Thanks for the help.
Error_401 it was regular fuel that I pumped in..Unless they had diesel in the wrong tank by chance.

420Blazin4X4 05-14-2018 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by rockp2 (Post 690201)
The link in my signature block will take you to the thread Christine is referring to. Follow Captain Hook's directions. In the meantime, disconnect the MAF sensor and see if that makes a difference. Another possibility is a clogged cat/exhaust. Run through the fuel pressure test and let us know the results.

Thanks for the link man..Much appreciated

420Blazin4X4 05-21-2018 02:30 PM

Finally got a scanner on there..Got a nice bit of codes to try to look into ..
po128
po154
po155
po300
po452

Just a quick question as I cant seem to find out the info online..The 02 sensors have a little plastic tab lock like thing holding them in place..Is there a trick to getting that out. Have tried screwdrivers to pry push and no luck as well as other things..Cant seem to get those tabs out of the clip..
As always appreciate any help..

error_401 05-23-2018 01:35 AM

The OBD-II Codes read
P0128 etc.

Try with a 0 (zero)

P-zero-one-two-eight

A reference:
http://www.totalcardiagnostics.com/s...--manufacturer

420Blazin4X4 05-30-2018 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by error_401 (Post 690659)
The OBD-II Codes read
P0128 etc.

Try with a 0 (zero)

P-zero-one-two-eight

A reference:
Complete List of OBD Codes: Generic OBD2 (OBDII) & Manufacturer | Car OBD Diagnostics, ECU Chip Tuning & Auto Repair Support

Thanks man much appreciated..
I finally got a fuel pressure tester hooked up and my blazer was not even getting 10 psi at the fuel rail.
So I have a new fuel pump on its way from partsgeek.com
once I get that installed then I am going to run the scan again and see what I get at that point.

Captain Kirk 06-03-2018 05:37 AM

One thing that I was always told was that if you're replacing the fuel pump that its best to go ahead and put in a new fuel filter also. Cant remember the exact reason right this minute but it made sense to me at the time and I have always done so. Some new fuel pumps may require a fuel filter replacement as part of the warranty.